Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THE END OF THE WORLD!
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE END OF THE WORLD!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
And Chapter 31 sat, just quietly, and smelled the flowers.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...whilst Douglas sat with the smell of dandelion wine in his olfactories. And remembered.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... and I sat with the smell of rotting starfish in mine.

================================================

"I don't know anything"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you know, if we keep this up, we could write a short story.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ferdinand!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you know, if we keep this up, we could write a short story.

Three words at a time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suddenly, I awoke...

-Who's Next?-

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright forget "Suddenly, I awoke", for doesn't one always awaken suddenly? You're asleep, then you're awake. Forget that.

"There I was, ..."

"I don't know anything."

posted Hide Post
There I was, facefirst in gutterland...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and

Bravo Braling II. No bullfights today.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing.

posted Hide Post
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame!

But all was not lost!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Three (5) words, Frank.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

posted Hide Post

There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still

posted Hide Post
had my Etch-a-sketch.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post