Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THE END OF THE WORLD!
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE END OF THE WORLD!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Chuckle is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I mentioned to her about the ressurection of a crucified Christ, and you'd think I went and slapped her across the face. She blurted out that she never heard of that, and walked out of the shop with combination dazed and perplexed look. Now, I ask you, what was THAT?

Now, then - you see how different folks can read the same thing in different ways!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“The great and powerful 007”? Pay no attention to that man behind the gin and tonic.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding, face it, you do like to play some sort of "it".game don't you now. Tag, your it, sort of thing. So, can I play, too?

Let me ask you the big question. Are you going to go to heaven when you die? You're it!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shaken, not stirred, Chapter31.

Doug, effervescent is a great word.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding: Per your comment, but how different folks can read the same thing in different ways!

That's why so many flunk out of the general school system: they not only don't comprehend what it is they are reading, they don't know how to read.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Now this is what I call healthy conversation, to and fro, pro and con, and all in an adult, civilized manner.

And I don't mean to throw a wrench into the works but I just don't understand why:

1. Can't God be God, the Almighty and Sovereign ruler of all?

2. Can't Jesus be Jesus, the first born of all creation through which all else was created (Col. 1:5) who gave his life as a ransom sacrifice for us all?

3. Can't the Holy Spirit simply the powerful life force by which all creation happened and not personified?

With historical digging, it can be found that the concept of a triune god is from paganism. I spent two and half years studying Catechism in the Lutheran Church and never learned about a God who was also Jesus and vice versa.

Just wondering.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm!
Lert's see here now, Collosians 1, vs. 5 as you noted. "You do this because you are looking forward to the joys of heaven as you have been ever since you first heard the truth of the Good News." Don't get it. What's the point of that verse?

Can't Jesus be Jesus?
Well, yes. Question: Who did Moses write about in the Old Testament? God?

If Moses wrote about God, then let's see what Jesus thought about that. He talks about that in John 5, vs: 46: "But if you had believed Moses, you would have believe me because he wrote about me."

Or:
John 8, vs. 58: Jesus answered: "The truth is, before Abraham was, I AM." (I AM is personal name of GOD)

Also, this thing about Jesus being the first a creation, let's not get off on some screwy tangent here. John 1, verse 1 says it simply: "In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God."

Also, the Holy Spirit is never given the Greek word for 'it' or 'a' or a word denoting a non-person, but the word always denotes a person, like He.

As to your learning in school: Bad teachers!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry, try verse 15 as it makes a lot more sense Phil.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Doug Spaulding, face it, you do like to play some sort of "it".game don't you now. Tag, your it, sort of thing.

I don't know what an "it game" is, but I'm game!

quote:
Let me ask you the big question. Are you going to go to heaven when you die?

Eventually.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
Doug, effervescent is a great word.

Effervescent is a very great word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
That's why so many flunk out of the general school system: they not only don't comprehend what it is they are reading, they don't know how to read.

As a former school teacher, I've got to say, you're right!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
With historical digging, it can be found that the concept of a triune god is from paganism.

It is.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
And I don't mean to throw a wrench into the works...

For our British friends, may I say I'm glad you're throwing a spanner into the works, kind of like when Doug and the gang (gang is a good word) threw that firecracker into the clockworks.

Clockworks is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
So sorry, try verse 15 as it makes a lot more sense Phil.

Hey - that does make sense! Phil?

"Live Forever!"