Ray Bradbury Forums
THE END OF THE WORLD!

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/3501078282

31 January 2007, 02:16 PM
philnic
THE END OF THE WORLD!
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg lending his hand.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Ahoy!" he replied.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
31 January 2007, 02:27 PM
Braling II
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg lending his hand.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Ahoy!" he replied. "Where's your leg?"
31 January 2007, 04:11 PM
grasstains
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Long story short... "

31 January 2007, 07:15 PM
rocket
quote:

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Long story, short...memory, I just

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
31 January 2007, 11:28 PM
Phil Knox

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Long story, short...memory, I just discovered I'm adopted.

01 February 2007, 06:48 AM
grasstains

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Long story, short...memory, I just discovered I'm adopted. By Lady Godiva.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"
01 February 2007, 08:03 AM
Braling II

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Long story, short...memory, I just discovered I'm adopted. By Lady Godiva."

"The naked chick?"
01 February 2007, 10:24 AM
grasstains

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"
01 February 2007, 10:40 AM
Phil Knox

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

01 February 2007, 11:51 AM
rocket
(this has degenerated into a random free-for-all, I think I hear my Mom calling...{rocket says as he heaves the board into the air scattering all of the children's pieces hither and thither}go on, play your old stupid game, its just for girls any old way!)

(act2 scene1, rocket runs from the stage crying and in a huff)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

01 February 2007, 11:54 AM
Phil Knox
(this has degenerated into a random free-for-all, I think I hear my Mom calling...{rocket says as he heaves the board into the air scattering all of the children's pieces hither and thither}go on, play your old stupid game, its just for girls any old way!)

(act2 scene1, rocket runs from the stage crying and in a huff) MA! MA! HELP!

01 February 2007, 12:16 PM
rocket
(Phil, my parenthesizing was not part of the story/game....)

01 February 2007, 03:31 PM
Phil Knox
Well, since you insist.........

THE END

01 February 2007, 04:58 PM
dandelion
...but not of THE WORLD. Nyah.
01 February 2007, 05:08 PM
rocket
quote:

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

"Well since you insist..........THE END."

"...but not of THE WORLD. Nyah."

She said as