Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THE END OF THE WORLD!
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE END OF THE WORLD!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something? I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something? I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... rocket: y0u missed a c0uple c0ntributi0ns bef0re y0urs...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's weird, how do I keep doing that. I've done it twice now. Is there a penalty? Frowner

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by embroiderer:

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now. However,

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.
Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now. However, rocket bent down

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, with one good

posted Hide Post

There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains, you successfully unified two variant texts, Nard's and rocket's!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There must be a delay, a brief period of time where it does not show the post right away because it has happened to me twice. Good job grass(that is hilarious to me!), but this is nonetheless frustrating when your trying to collaborate on an important story such as this. Hal should be penalized for his insolent behavior.

Sidenote: People are in such a rush these days that as fast as the registers at work crank out the receipt, many are in too much of a hurry and just tell me they don't need it, even though if they had to return the item, they could not get cash. Also people get so persnickety when they are signing the digital pad for their credit card authorization. If they go outside the box even a little, it disappears and they have to then do it over taking a precious nanosecond from their busy lives. You wouldn't believe the huffing and puffing that goes on at the register. My running joke is that Hal gets upset if they go outside the box, some actually get it and chortle. My point: Even though we live in a frantic fast paced world that is striving constantly to go even faster, do yourself a favor and slow down to watch that sunset or really look at your kid's project that they are proudly holding up to you or just look around you and really see. That's what I am striving to do and you might be surprised at what you see. That's my morning rant.

much later: I just slid back in time to the beginning of this 17 page thread thinking I was going back to 2002 or something, ha, it was Jan. 10th. 2007. This thread/track can only be described as a rollercoaster ride! I never noticed the Staples logo L looks like a staple! Fjp, we were in Staples the other night and my son pointed out that you can buy one of those big help buttons that light up when you push them, the one he picked up was in spanish, hmm, now I cannot live without that! This thread is a perfect example that it is not only okay but exemplary to stray from the topic at times, its so dynamic. Its just like the whole board has been of late, very dynamic and healthy! I say c'mon all ye guests and join this grand vessel! Now if I can only get this cloaking device spywatch that I got from a box of Ovalteen working, I will be in good order....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

posted Hide Post
quote:
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg lending his hand

posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg lending his hand.
"'Ahoy'?", I said.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post