Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    thank you note from ray??

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

thank you note from ray??
 Login/Join

posted
Did anyone else get a thank you note allegedly from Ray for when we signed his birthday card at the interplanetary society? I say allegedly because it was an e-mail, which I know Ray himself does not do, and at the very end of it he was urging me to join the interplanetary society. At first I thought Ray had someone write a thank you to be sent to everyone who had e-mailed his birthday greetings, but then my cynical side took over and I decided it was just a membership solicitation in the guise of a note from Ray. Am I getting too paranoid?

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imspipper - I actually was about to post a copy of the letter, after I opened my "thank you" last night also. The letter is pure RB, but then the final few lines struck me as contrary to what everyone has tried to maintain on this site. So I pulled the post wondering if most would take it the wrong way - a "promotional" rather than a "heartfelt" as he comments. Maybe a bit of both??

I am not really familiar with the Planetary Society though it was quite nice of them to honor Mr. Bradbury on his b.d. as his second home spun by so near his first!

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 11-25-2003).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post