Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    HELP Faringht 451
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP Faringht 451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mr. G.D. Fahrenheit would certainly thank everyone for their input.

ALSO:

Ought
Not
Is there such a word as 'nitpickery'?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God blast it, Nard!

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey kids chill. I promise to buy a dictionary. I dont take drugs or drink alcahol for the record. I have not published any written work i dont take writting that seriously, its just fun for now.

Posts: 8 | Location: Australia | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Bradbury himself would say, writing should be fun. It sounds like you might have a good start!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, nitpicking about the existence of the word nitpickery IS nitpickery. Besides, it's a great word!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why of course it is, groon! I learned it from an old Indian in a cowboy hat.

[This message has been edited by Ought Not (edited 12-04-2003).]

posted Hide Post
Ought Not:
Thru the scatter brained antics on this website last couple days, you have made some alarmingly funny comments. I really enjoyed them. You have a very clever sense of the comical.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-04-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ought not ought not take that compliment too seriously, your really not funny at all.

Posts: 8 | Location: Australia | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China: Humor is often a subjective thing. If you don't find it humorous, why say anything at all? I'm not sure I understand the point of your post.

Also, in this context, it's "you're" not "your". The latter is a possessive, the former is a conjunction from "you are". I recommend a little work on your spelling.

Clever observation on the use of "ought not" though.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 12-05-2003).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Nard. It has been scatter brained, hasn't it? A lot of things I've seen I did not like and I didn't respond although I should have.

posted Hide Post
You are free to do as we tell u.

posted Hide Post
China... I have been reading your posts and to further demonstrate your "intellegence level" I had my four-year old sister read through to see if she noticed anything wrong with you spelling. Needless to say, she found several mistakes. Now, while she might be above the normal level of a four-year old, even a gifted toddler should not be able to find mistakes in something written by a teen who boasts about his intellegence. This is just my opinion so I wouldn't take it too seriously. However, one bragging about how intellegent they are should probably learn to spell and use grammar correctly before they open their mouth. If you are actually intellegent someone will notice and tell you. It is when you aren't intellegent that you feel you have to tell everyone you are. Everyone goes through this stage and I felt I should just let you know before you further embarrass yourself in front of peers or anyone you might be trying to make a positive impression on.

Posts: 2 | Location: pendleton, indiana, USA | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think some people here need to read more Ray Bradbury's stuff. There, one can learn a lot of ways to comunicate without insulting each other.
That's all. Just slow down a bit...

Posts: 2 | Location: San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, amazing.... i'm one of the "X-Box generation" and i can spell. what gives?..yes we all have a few typos here and there but that doesn't really mean we aren't exactly the dumbest generation ever born. I respect my elders and yes they did go through a few things that we do now.. But not nearly as much as we do now. I think that we now go through more than they ever thought possible. But anyways, just my opinion. Till' next post. Good Eve'

-brad

Posts: 2 | Location: Cleveland Tennessee U.S.A | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My nephew is 12yrs. old, fat, clumsy, and white, but THAT will never keep him from being the next Michael Jordan. His laziness will.

I had to edit because I mispelled "phat".
[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 02-19-2004).]

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 02-19-2004).]

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post