Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    I need a sundome now!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a sundome now!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Now is that pronounced "Frankfort" or "Frankfurt," Louie?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
milk or melk,
oil or earl,
pillow, pella, or peller?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Rock.
Small nearby town of "Norfolk" that everyone pronounces "Norfork."
Go figger, ...err, figure!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone here from upstate New York or thereabouts?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451 is.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am as "upstate" as it gets! A stone's throw across the mighty St. Lawrence to "O Canada!" Want some snow, Dandy?

posted Hide Post
No, thanks. Dreaming of a white Valentine's Day?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
µhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµ Razzer

THE 4000th REGISTERED PERSON HAS OCCURED TODAY Big Grin

µhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµhµh Wink

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm excited! Well, until I remove a few more deadbeats, anyway.

posted Hide Post
Hey I resemble that remark, although I'm considered a deadhead and beat poet. There is a difference. Who ever heard of a dandelion doing the exterminating, do you use a scythe?

(I'm staying in here tonight, supposed to snow a few inches, it's toasty inside. Pass me some hot chocolate....)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocky, check out the etymology of "dandelion"...
"Lion's Teeth"!
Sure, she looks like a cute bonnetted prairie chicken on the back of her book, but interlopers beware!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should live in Washington State...

Everything here (rightfully) is named after Native Americans. Rivers, cities, streets, many things.

Puyallup (PEW-Al-UP)
Yakima
Clallam
SKOkomish
SKYkomish
Seattle (Chief Seattle)
Tacoma (Mount Rainier's Native American name, from 'Tahoma')
Hoh
Spokane
Stillaguamish

Only a few examples. No one minds though. We all know who came first around here... Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BII, one man, on seeing that picture, exclaimed, "You practically have a halo around your head--you can't be that sweet!" To which I replied that one of my many-great grandmothers on my father's side greeted the unexpected and unwelcome visit of a Native American in search of food by dumping a pot of scalding hot beans on the visitor, chasing him around the room, removing his ear with a knife, and keeping said ear as a proudly-displayed memento for years! Cut down on unwanted company around the old homestead.

posted Hide Post
Dandy, your "said distant great-grandmother" sounds like my kind of people!

posted Hide Post
Robert B, I grew up in Seattle; my mom was born in Port Townsend, I have many Scandihoovian relatives up there. I'm even a Patches Pal!
As Stan Boreson sings, "I left my heart...
in Mukilteo...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post