Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray LIVE as a HOLOGRAM(ish) Tonight in Louisville

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray LIVE as a HOLOGRAM(ish) Tonight in Louisville
 Login/Join

posted
Ray Bradbury appears 'live' to a gathering at the annual IdeaFest in Louisville, KY tonight. He appears in "hologram" form to speak live with the crowd and take Q&A. Still breaking ground!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"hologram"?

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS MUST BE IT!
http://www.ideafestival.com/

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was there!!!!
Thanks to my wonderful brother-in-law John, who sponsored a table for the event, I was able to attend.
The concensus from the audience was that Ray Bradbury was absoulutley inspirational!
On a more personal note, the man who was an icon of my childhood (I started with Farenheit 451 at age 10) lived up to my hopes, and inspired me more than 30 years later.
I hope that a video and/or transcript of his talk will be made available. Children, teachers, writers, and those who have lost their inspiration should hear what he had to say: Do what you love...

Kat

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend Brad told me of this event two weeks ago but I didn't have the money to attend. Frowner Our paper had a wonderful article on it this morning. It was all about love and it ended with his famous phrase about jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down. I think you may find it somewhere in Courierjournal.com or google it somehow. I'll try to find it and send a link. Someone else who I would have love to hobnob with in our fair city this past weekend was Lindsey Wagner of bionic woman fame. She was running a meditation spiritualistic seminar here. If I had attended, I probably would have embarrassed myself by turning into Chris Farley and asking her, "Remember when you and Steve Austin had to have a bionic fist fight because your body was suddenly rejecting your hardware and you didn't want to go see Rudy but Oscar Goldman talked you into it when you went into hiding, that was awesome!" Anyway, lemme try and find that link. Hold on.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, here's that link. It's a good article.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007709160481

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So that's the mysterious thing he had to do Friday afternoon before the play, eh jkt?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
So that's the mysterious thing he had to do Friday afternoon before the play, eh jkt?

Not that I know of...

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post