Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Sound of Thunder....Released in Oct. or Not???
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Thunder....Released in Oct. or Not???
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
sorry...seems we got a little off topic, huh? ha ha

Posts: 38 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark--I like your idea about doing the movie on an informal, nonschool-time basis, but I have 135 students. Yikes!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I taught Jr HS in East LA, I had 144 students, but some were in writing, some remedial reading, some in literature. I assumed yours were broken out that way. If so, you may only have 45-60!!!!!

What was I thinking???

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I posted a note on the Resources Thread, I should state here as well that I spoke with Ray on Friday, February 12th and he said that Sound of Thunder is coming out in April and that it was "coming along fine and that we all should enjoy it" So there it is, from the Man himself.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 02-13-2005).]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the repost. I've pretty much given up on the Resource thread. It is still taking forever to open.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark:

I'm Calling up the girl at Harper Collins tomorrow. She's gotten 'Resources' kicked started before, but she must be told that it keeps winding down within a few days. Hopefully the problem can be fixed this week.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, tell her to contact me at either address--I think you know them both. I get no responses from any of my correspondence to her in any form.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr.

Dark,

I

Know

what

you

mean...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a NEW! trailer for "A Sound of Thunder". It's about time:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/asoundofthunder/trailer_2/

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm soooo excited to see this movie!! I hope the critics are kind. My only regret is that because it is PG-13 I will not be able to take my student book club to see it. I will still talk it up in all of my classes, and encourage them to go. Of course they see PG-13 movies all the time (7th grade), but we are not allowed to take them to anything other than G or PG.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and the movie website finally has some content (not just the trailer):

http://www.asoundofthunder.com

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just spoke with Ray a little while ago on a question from his short story "The Triangle" from his collection "The Cat's Pajamas" and also asked him about Sound of Thunder. He said that it is opening Labor Day Weekend all throughut the country.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane 1, was there an answer for bralingII's question about the last line of "The Triangle?" What does, "They let the cat die" refer to? Just wondering; don't mean to be nosy.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry if this is going off-topic, but I can't find the original post ravenswake referred to. Anyway, here's AN explanation of the "let the cat die" phrase. Does this help?

http://www.batesline.com/archives/000264.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, philnic, now that I understand the phrase, it's the perfect ending for the story. It was a question that came up on the old site. Sorry to stray; looking forward to "Thunder."

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post