Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Sound of Thunder....Released in Oct. or Not???
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Thunder....Released in Oct. or Not???
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes! Thanks to Biplane we have confirmation from The Man Himself that this meaning (i.e. stopping the swing) is the intended one. As I suspected, a colloquialism with which I was unfamiliar.
Biplane called Mr. B from the East Coast, got the answer, and let me know out here on the West Coast only yesterday afternoon!
Ah, the wonders of modern technology!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do anyone see TV commercial of it?

Thank you~~~~

BTW, this is a POSTER

http://movies.warnerbros.com/pub/movie/soundthunder/ASOT_DOM_1Sht.jpg

Posts: 34 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry! I forgot to post what Ray told me and it is exactly what the article that Phil linked said. At first Ray asked me what I thought it meant and I said maybe it meant "let bygones be bygones" since the two sisters were in a situation that neither were able to resolve. But then Ray did say that it was when the swing stopped swinging that the "cat died."

Ray sounded very good and it is heart warming to see him out and about to various signings and various acitivities. The day that I spoke to him he mentioned that he was going that night with a couple of his daughters.

I am only hoping, that with my faxing him copies of his previous submissions to "In His Own Words" that he will write something in conjunction with his upcoming birthday.

This coming Sunday will find the appearance of an article by Florida Sun Sentinel reporter Bill Hirschman in the Arts and Entertainment section, a front cover story! I just spoke with Bill and he got the word yesterday from his editor. He is going to send a copy to Ray, actually two copies, the unedited version (there wasn't enough room to carry his entire article)and the final one that will be in the Sunday paper.

Bill mentioned that it will also be on the Internet and I will see what I can do to get it posted in its entirety on this board.

Last May, I believe, Bill called me up and mentioned that he was going to be in L.A. for a week at a conference and wondered if I could speak with Ray to arrange a time that Bill could meet him with the idea of writing an article for the Florida Sun Sentinel. I called Ray and he said to have Bill call him when he arrived in L.A. which he did. Subsequently Bill and his wife were able to visit Ray at his home for about an hour and a half.

What I thought was really neat was that Ray showed him a wooden box full of autographs that he had collected over the years, something that he has written about several times.

Well, that is about the most I have written here for a while, but, I hope, of interest to all.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The movie might be okay, but it is based on a short story, which means Hollywood writers have to fill in a lot of stuff.

One good thing...they still keep digging up Ray's stories and spending millions to make them into films...that's respect, folks. Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir Ben Kingsley talks about this movie....

http://www.ew.com/ew/preview/movie/0,6115,1091343_1_0_,00.html
quote:
A Sound of Thunder

Sir Ben Kingsley can't tell you that much about his new sci-fi action movie A Sound of Thunder. It's been a while since he shot it. ''When did I do this film?'' he asks in jest. He filmed it in the summer of 2002. ''And how many movies have I done since then?'' A bunch? ''Nine!'' he bellows gaily. (After shooting Thunder, Kingsley went on to make, among others, House of Sand and Fog.) Why's the movie been so long delayed? ''I think they really wanted to work on the visual effects,'' he says. ''That's what [director] Peter Hyams said. He's a nice guy.''
Kingsley also likes Ray Bradbury, the science fiction titan who wrote the futuristic story Thunder is based on.
You know that old adage about how a butterfly flapping its wings can change the course of history? Legend has it that its origins lie in Bradbury's 1952 tale. Sent by a huckster played by Kingsley, Edward Burns (Confidence) and a gang of pleasure seekers journey back in time to hunt dinosaurs but end up changing the future when they accidentally off a butterfly.

On the subject of his villainous character, Kingsley is eloquent — and bonkers. ''He's a grandiose showman,'' he reports. ''In the 19th century, he'd be selling bottles of elixir that would make you the strongest person. He presses the button, pours the champagne, greets people, and sells them the ride of a lifetime! He has grand gestures and rather limited intelligence.'' He interrupts himself with a honking, maniacal laugh. ''Ha-ha-ha! I hope you write that down! Grand gestures and a rather limited intelligence! There you go, Kingsley. Wow.'' If the movie is half as entertaining as talking to Kingsley is, it'll be huge.

(Posted:08/08/05)

Posts: 34 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post