Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Post War
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post War
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ana: Good to see you back on the board. I saw you the other day, but have missed you for awhile.

P.S. I just emailed the article. Can you let me know if it makes it to you?

P.P.S. I meant that Frank's post was inspiring, not the article. Although the article is good, too.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 07-29-2003).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mr Dark! I've just printed the article and I'm going to read it and I hope I can give my point of view on the subject.
I really think that Bradbury sees war as something that man doesn't want but it is in man's nature to fight, and for this I have the ideas he presents to us through the words of the Official in "A PIECE OF WOOD":
'Then they would rearm as wiftly as possible.(...)Then they would beat each other with their fists.If it got down to that. Huge armies of men with boxing gloves of steel spikes would gather at national borders. And if you took the gloves away they'd use their fingernails and feet. And if you cut their legs off they'd spit on each other. And if you cut off their tongues and stopped their mouths with corks they'd fill the atmosphere so ful of hate that mosquitoes would drop to the ground and birds would fall dead from telephone wires.'

ana

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post