Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    iii HAPPY ii BiRTHDAY RAY iiiii
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iii HAPPY ii BiRTHDAY RAY iiiii
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Ray! Your literary accomplishments have inspired several generations of writers, as well as provided countless fans with the joys of discovering and reading your work. Best wishes for many happy returns! And as you often say, "Onward!"

Richard

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Mr. Bradbury, may you have many more. God bless you.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Ray!!!!

As someone above posted, it looks like you will live forever! We certainly hope so.

Thanks for opening the mind of a 9th grader to the wonderful and awe-inspiring world of ideas and language.

It is the gift that has kept on giving. You continue to influence me to this day. Not a bad legacy since I first got turned on to you in 1969!

Very best wishes on your birthday!!!!

Mr. Dark
Eric Palfreyman

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Thanks for so many colourful tales!

Phil Nichols

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it too early? Does anyone know? How was Mr. Bradbury’s birthday?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SmilerHappy Birthday!
You've had an effect on what I've done, who I've done it for and who I continue to evolve to be!
Many happy returns!
Thank you for me and all of the readers of the future.
Long Beach Unified School District Librarian, formerly just a little kid from Northern California 51 years ago.

Posts: 1 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 23 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Ray. Keep givin' 'em hell. Thanks for being an inspiration to us writers.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have not heard how the party was, but in a phone conversation he thanked us all for "making my birthday a very happy one."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's that time of year again! Better get your cards in the post now.

For those who don't know:

!@#$% Chev&*= Drive
LA, California !@#$%-&*=+

(The above address has been edited for content)

Mr B, have a "cat" kind of birthday - do as you damn well please!

...and...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or better yet, give him a birthday ring:

Phone number is !@#-$%&-*()+

(also edited)

(sorry)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh...yeah...thanks...I guess!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're very welcome, I'm sure!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I'm only having sport with you. If you go to this page, and look around a little, I wouldn't be surprised if you might find something or other.

I don't think I'm breaking any rules here, am I?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
This is a photo taken by Fred Zwicky of the Peoria (IL) Journal Star, published in April 1997. This was the same year I missed Ray's lecture at Eureka College near Peoria, but the good folks there were kind enough to send me clippings, including this photo and story.

The headline reads, "Student finds new hope by reading Bradbury."

The caption: "Science fiction author Ray Bradbury kisses (name), 18, of Galena, on Tuesday at Eureka College. (Name) said that when she went through a difficult time. . .a Bradbury book inspired her to choose life." The book was Dandelion Wine.

For the couple of years I've been wandering around here, I've debated about posting this; first, due to copyright questions, and second, due to the personal nature of the story.

But, on the occasion of Ray's birthday, here it is--see for yourselves what a genuinely wonderful individual our man Ray really is. I think the photo's priceless.

Life is a metaphor for love. Happy Birthday, kind sir.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenswake,

Imageray_bradbury.jpg (51 Kb, 12 downloads) ray bradbury

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little early, and very happy, birthday!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post