Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Free Serials!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Serials!
 Login/Join

posted
Hey folks,

Not sure if some of you are aware of this or not, but a lot of the classic serials from the 30s and 40s are now within public domain, meaning that anyone can play or watch them for free. I run my own serial blog and just today added a video with a link to a site where you can view a lot of these golden moments from a bygone time. PLUS! I also added in the sidebar of the same blog a music player loaded with a few old radio serials. What a great time to be a science fiction fan!

Here's the playlist I have loaded for the radio:

War of the Worlds radio broadcast by Orson Wells
Death Stalks The Shadow
The Laughing Corpse (eps. of The Shadow)
Flash Gordon theme song
Sherlock Holmes (eps. from Dec. 10, 1945)
Green Hornet theme song
The Further Adventures of Nick Danger by Firesign Theater
Zorro theme music

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LordShen,

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lordshen, great stuff! I have been an OTR (old-time radio fan for years). There was a time when fans and collectors had to exchange tapes by mail, but the internet has revolutionised the whole business.

A great resource for more public domain stuff is archive.org - they have loads of old shows with a Bradbury connection, such as Suspense, Dimension X etc.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LS, got any Goon Shows? How about Fibber McGee and Molly?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
LS, got any Goon Shows? How about Fibber McGee and Molly?

I couldn't find any Goon, however I DID find 5 episodes of Fibber McGee and Molly! While my blog and e-zine are geared towards science fiction-y things, I added one of the Fibber McGee and Molly episodes anyway. Let it not be said I don't provide for when asked!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LordShen,

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BII, don't wish to dampen your enthusiasm, but the Goon Shows are still copyrighted!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Needle-Noddle-Noo!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m with you, philnic. I can’t get enough of that stuff.

Great idea, LordShen.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BII and Lordshen, how many Fibbers do you want? There's plenty here!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Thanks! Now - how to work all this into an already busy life!

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I'll be looking for any Creaking Doors available. Any more suggestions for OTR with a sci-fi/speculative flair?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Thanks! Now - how to work all this into an already busy life!

BII, the answer is an MP3 player. Listen while you commute. Just remember not to chuckle out loud if you commute by train or bus.

Chuckle is still a good word.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Fibber is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
There's plenty here!

Thanks!

And there's plenty of Bradbury here!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I'm on a roll - anybody ever see this brilliant BritCom about space called Red Dwarf?

I thought it was very like Hitchhiker, perhaps even better!

Long live Lister!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I saw a few Red Dwarf episodes, but didn't think they were that funny. Thought the acting was poor too, like recent and current American sitcoms.