Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Disclaimer: The previous post was not meant to ruffle anyone's feathers. Is it ok to say "ruffle" and "feathers"?

Although the pilot of the plane that landed in the Hudson sure did!
(He was one cool flier!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Is it ok to say "ruffle" and "feathers"?

Not according to my budgie.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely no offense meant, most especially to Budge:
http://www.freewebs.com/budgierisa/Wild%20budgie%203.jpg

Hopefully he did not hear of the bird-plane encounter in NY!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No offence (or even offense) taken. It was just a "cheep" gag.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've lived in Chicago for years...and didn't take any sense of racism with the previous comments.

But maybe I have a problem. For years and years I couldn't tell a person if he was tall or short. They all looked the same height to me. And to colors, it all went with their character. Their color or nationality was just part of who they were and not some segregated part of their person. Maybe it has something to do with my Lithuanian upbringing. Or maybe those things just didn't matter at all to me as it does to others.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
It was just a "cheep" gag.

The Ackermonster lives!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
When I was a boy, all men wore ties - and hats!

Mr T always wears a titfer; snowmen wear cravats.

Aren't you sorry, Doug, you didn't hire my handsome hunk while you had the chance?

Imagetn_2_Feb_09_-_Twickenham_007.jpg (39 Kb, 7 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Twickenham, eh?
Was that shot in the garden of a semi-detached? Or maybe even a council house?
(Let's see if the Yanks on board will twig onto those terms!)
Looks a bit like the 'back yards' of some of my Mancunian relatives...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Confidence, now! Victory Gardens may soon rule the day!

http://photos.upi.com/topic/c7...mothy_Geithner_1.jpg
hmmm...
http://images4.wikia.nocookie..../0/0f/BestofBert.jpg

Just a little politicsatire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

posted Hide Post
For those who want a bit of light reading on the economy, feast your eyes:
http://www.rollingstone.com/po...903/the_big_takeover

UGHHHH!

posted Hide Post
I love the laugh when the interviewer asks about Sarah Palin.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole board has been quiet of late. Nothing but religion and, now, politics.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
The whole board has been quiet of late. Nothing but religion and, now, politics.

Two topics, that frankly, do not belong on the board.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Two topics, that frankly, do not belong on the board.

Spoken like a true atheist!

Bradbury is all about religion. And a little politics as well.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post