Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Man, I will be SO VERY GLAD when all this is over!

Yeah, but since all I watch is CNN and ESPN, that'll just leave me with ESPN!

Actually, I have started watching MSNBC lately.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... Poking my nose here one more time.
This is from Moody Church in Chicago, Erwin Lutzer, Pastor. Moody Church is affiliated with the largest Evangelical Bible school in the Midwest, the Moody Bible Institute. ( For Doug Spaulding's interest, it is Erwin Lutzer that debated Bishop Spong a few years ago! )

Can't seem to find the video link, even tho it says there is a video. (Maybe, it'll work on YOUR computer!). But here at least is the audio. Don't click on FULLSCREEN because if there is no video, you may have to use your escape button to get off that window.

Here, then, is a discussion on the current Political weather:

https://admin.secure.streamos.com/streamos/player/flv/?...width=400&height=100

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
... Poking my nose here one more time.
For Doug Spaulding's interest, it is Erwin Lutzer that debated Bishop Spong a few years ago!

Yeah, that's what you say - I knew you couldn't really leave us.

I am familiar with the Lutzer debate.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny.

Well, it is.

The scene of the crime, indeed.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right. I hope those doing the intimidating were arrested for such a disgusting stunt.

Idiots.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
With the election running so close, is it possible for McCain to win the Popular Vote and lose because of the Delegate count??
Yep!

As of 10PM East Coast time, there was some 250,000+ votes between the two:
Obama: 20,444,080
McCain 20,170,509

posted Hide Post
Oh Oh!

Not even 30 minutes later, and the tally is Obama up by One Million Votes.

McCain 25,801,005
Obama 26,813,033

posted Hide Post
When I look at the pictures of the crowds celebrating all over the world, I am reminded that I am proud of the USA for the first time in a long time.

Onward!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
McCain conceded very gracefully. I'm proud to have him as a part of our government.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
McCain conceded very gracefully. I'm proud to have him as a part of our government.

I was thinking of posting the same thing, but got caught up in President-Elect Obama's speech.

I was proud of McCain tonight too. He was the McCain of old again. And when the ungracious few in his crowd booed at the mention of the winner's name, McCain immediately silenced them.

By contrast, when Obama mentioned McCain's name, his crowd cheered. That's the difference in some people.

And now the work begins.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I'm making a rare visit to this thread to congratulate the American public (or 51% of them, last I heard) on their good sense in choosing Obama.

I happened to wake up at 4.20am GMT today, put the radio on and chanced to hear, live, McCain's concession speech. I didn't expect the election to be "over" so soon, but I was pleased to have been listening as history was made.

I agree that McCain sounded gracious in defeat, and his handling of the booing crowd was a credit to him. I thought Obama's speech caught just the right balance in recognising the historical import of his success, while also appreciating that he has one hell of a job ahead of him.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear a view from another country.

I believe we're on our way to earning back some respect from the rest of the world now, as I think philnic's response is reflective of many many others.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"I'm making a rare visit to this thread to congratulate the American public (or 51% of them, last I heard) on their good sense in choosing Obama."

I celebrate with the US and the world! Woo hoo!!

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One prejudice has been put down for all time, I hope, but another one remains. Equal CIVIL rights for those who are not of the straight sexual orientation - Gay and Lesbian right to a CIVIL marraige is still in doubt. We must get beyond this prejudice as well. There was a time when races could not inter-marry. Had that prejudice prevailed, there would be no celebration today for Barack Obama, the product of such a union.

What a breakthrogh it will be when a couple runs for high elected office and they are considered just a couple, not a gay/lesbian couple. Obama is the President of the USA, he is a first, but let's not call him a black president, or African-American, he is the best man for the task at hand, and he happens to come from a minority segment of the US population. I doubt that I will live long enough to see the next prejudice fall, but I hope so. Ray was 50 years ahead of us all on this one. He also wrote about the wonderful folks who came to Heber Finn's pub in Ireland as a group of rather gay people on vacation who then won over the locals with their charm and wit, showing that we are not that different under the masks of first-impressions.

Please all, learn to love your fellow man, what ever form or shape or sexual orientation he must follow by circumstances of birth. Yes we can and yes we will, eventually.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post