Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
The fact they gave O'Reilly any sum of money to appear in the movie means I can't morally pay to see it!

Ha!

Ha! Part 2.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now this film I'd like to see.

Alternate view.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 1998 right after bin Laden and al Qaeda bombed the US embassys, Clinton wanted to go after him.

McCain, in an interview said the following:

You could say, Look, is this guy, Laden, really the bad guy that's depicted? Most of us have never heard of him before. And where there is a parallel with Vietnam is: What's plan B? What do we do next? We sent our troops into Vietnam to protect the bases. Lyndon Johnson said, Only to protect the bases. Next thing you know.... Well, we've declared to the terrorists that we're going to strike them wherever they live. That's fine. But what's next? That's where there might be some comparison.

At the same time, Joe Biden called bin Laden "a bad mother".

And McCain, who said he would follow bin Laden to the gates of hell (but not to Pakistan, where he is), thought Clinton was going too far in targeting bin Laden back in 1998.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_Knowledge/C...on_let_bin_laden.htm

Doug Spaulding: Not so fast.
I remember this event well. I followed it closely in the news magazines and papers.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linking to a website hosted and operated by a man who attempted to rebuild the Waco/David Koresh church isn't the best way to begin a legitimate claim!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nico
Who are we talking about here? Monsoor Ijaz, or the Publisher of the Los Angeles times?

Monsoor wrote the article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansoor_Ijaz

I don't get what you are trying to say.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Linking to a website hosted and operated by a man who attempted to rebuild the Waco/David Koresh church isn't the best way to begin a legitimate claim!

Once again, laughing my bum off!

I think Nico was referring to Alex Jones.

Monsoor (isn't that how the French say mister?) is a good word. Ijaz even better.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll have to ask. Nico, who are you talking about? What website link?

Doug Spaulding: Monsoor is the writer's first name. You are thinking of Monsieur. I remember that whole thing about Bin Laden and how Clinton was more involved with his mistress .

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I think Nico was referring to Alex Jones.

Correct!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Doug Spaulding: Monsoor is the writer's first name. You are thinking of Monsieur.

Wow, that must have been dry - you actually thought I was serious!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I remember that whole thing about Bin Laden and how Clinton was more involved with his mistress.

Well, you have to keep your priorities straight!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I recall the Osama Bin Ladin/Clinton fiasco. It's one of the sorry stories of Clinton's Presidency. That and letting the Rwanda genocide slip pass his radar because of Monica Lewinsky.

Spaulding, your idea of priorities is surprising.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
Spaulding, your idea of priorities is surprising.

Wow, that must have been dry - you actually thought I was serious!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A cool hand on the tiller!?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Is it too early to notice that Sarah has been Palin lately, and they are starting to call him McCan't? That last "Debate" sure was a lost cause, throw up some mud and see what sticks. We have been through too much of this in the last 12 years. I want to believe again! Maybe it is a combination of Barry Goldwater and John F. Kenedy, reincarnated as Barak Obama, that can turn the country around?

O riginal
B right
A ll Inclusive
M iddle Class
A merican

Yeah, I voted for him and for anyone that was an incumbent to take a hike.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post