Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
How come no one has mentioned how much Palin resembles, or vice versa, Tina Fey, of SNL fame and currently starring in 30 Rock in NBC?

Wolf Blitzer on CNN did a thing on this today.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Yeah!

Book banner!

Balooney Toon Baloney!!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, now let's all try and do this next time:

go to: www.snopes.com
Politics, then whom ever is the subject and then see what has been posted.

for instance:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/palin.asp

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:

for instance:

The list is fake, the attempt to ban is not.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and Snopes' bread is buttered on the left side!
I don't trust any politicians. I feel saddened and frustrated too when I encounter those folks I once thought intelligent and discerning gushing over a candidate.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear that they will be cloning Abe Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson for the 2016 elections. This will truly be a great debate. Stay tuned...

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:

for instance:

More Balooney Toon Baloney

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's Balooney Toon Baloney?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Balooney is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by booklover2727:
I hear that they will be cloning Abe Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson for the 2016 elections. This will truly be a great debate. Stay tuned...

The current candidates more closely resemble Dewey and Truman.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II~ Of course, nowadays, Truman would probably be blown off the podium by allegations and finger pointing to his long history of working with known political crooks. A whole lot of people hated him for turning his eyes away in the midst of wrong doing from others around him. But once in office, he broke out of that posture and took command.

I was thinking what would happen if Joe Biden suddenly had a heart attack or something and became incapacitated. Would Obama fill the void with Hillary?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I was thinking what would happen if Joe Biden suddenly had a heart attack or something and became incapacitated. Would Obama fill the void with Hillary?

What a thing to think!

I can assure you it ain't gonna be Lieberman!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
How about a little patriotic music?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Throughout my years of teaching (30+), there has never been a morning that I have taken the Pledge of Allegiance for granted. Each year some of my students go on to serve our country. Many months, or years, later they reward me when they come back to say hello upon their return home. What an honor. There are some - sadly - that never came home having offered their greatest sacrifice.

So, I state those words succinctly and proudly at 7:55am each day. (Now there are teens who choose not to stand, let alone recite the Pledge. Times have changed. I kindly advise them to remain outside of my room and to enter only after we have finished, as I have many kids whose parents are deployed around the world. Respect for rights, after all, must go both ways.)

Here is a different perspective, I guess. A bit of musical verse that speaks clearly of Our Real Heroes! Bless them all!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZf619DIpo

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bless you, Butch.