Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I don't think it matters who you guys vote for. It just takes one time-traveller to go back and step on one butterfly, and the outcome of the election will swing the other way. I know, I read it in a story once.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I don't think it matters who you guys vote for.

You may be right. I rather fancy a monarchy myself.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of bailouts, which the economy has many people doing, McCain's dissing of David Letterman is the last straw. He told Letterman he had to cancel his appearance Wednesday to deal with the financial crisis, then hung around chatting with Katie Couric and who knows what-all else until finally leaving New York on Thursday. Jay Leno made it sound like McCain told Letterman he had to leave for D. C. immediately, then went and talked to Couric in New York, like he thought Letterman (and everybody) was stupid enough not to notice. McCain's spin doctors will try to make it look as much as possible like not a lie, by portraying his talk with Couric as somehow dealing with the crisis as a Letterman appearance would not. In any case, it further shows his bad judgement--first, of all the people he could have chosen as a running mate, picking a nut job like Sarah Palin, and then lying to Letterman and cheating on him with Katie Couric, showing himself to be dishonest as well as ill-advised. At this point, the only way Barack Obama will not be president is if, God forbid, someone shoots him. And even then I wouldn't vote for McCain!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard the Obama is your Moma train.
I think it is McCan't vs Yes We Can. I have not been this energized since the Kennedy years.

NO THIRD TERM - VOTE DEMOCRACT

Its on my bumber this year!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's
NOBAMA

And
we have a PAL IN PALIN

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as we're talking bumper stickers, here's a good one I saw recently:

Impeach Bush, Torture Cheney!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask (Phil) ~
I watched all the tv debates between Barrack Obama and Republican Alan Keyes, for the Illinois Senate seat. Keyes was an articulate debater no nonsense politician; and Barack Obama was articulate and gifted certainly in oratory. Outcome was preordained: Obama was welcomed by the very liberal Illinois voters.

Watching Barack Obama thru the last few months, including the McCain/Obama debate last night, I'm sorry Barack Obama still doesn't get the meaning of his Christian faith, that is to say, "...Christ in you, the hope of glory!" Without that genuine understanding, it's easy to see why he is for abortion.

But I really like the guy. It's possible, very possible, that the very skill he has in oratory and persuasive diction, will envelope enough people to win the election. It's a sort of, who cares what he says in the details, but he sounds 'soooo' good. And his energy level, his youthful drive, just may bring him the high count in November.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

And
we have a PAL IN PALIN

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gasline built, so pray for that"

-Sarah Palin

I say, we do have a pal in her. She's a prophet! American could find use for a woman who has a direct spiritual line to Mammon. We are, after all, in a recession!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
And his energy level, his youthful drive, just may bring him the high count in November.

...and don't forget about his vigah!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
It's
NOBAMA

And
we have a PAL IN PALIN

I would rather see Tina Fey get it, at least she knows that she is just acting the part. This is a classic example of what Steve Allen called Dumbth. We just have to raise the bar on our elected officials, or we will not be a powerful country for long.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarah Palin once dressed up as Tina Fey for Halloween, according to Sarah Palin herself.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, I guess even Sarah gets it?

posted Hide Post
VP debate this week. Biden is a vicious SOB. I like Palin, and like many other VPs and Presidents before her, likely will grow into her position with pain suffering and leadership. That is if she survives the vicious, ruthless, teeth gnashing, blabbering yet cool as a cucumber smiling vicious Biden. Oh yeah, and goes on to win the election.

Imagebiden.jpg (48 Kb, 9 downloads)

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe's gonna make a great VP!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post