Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Patrask,

"Pontificate" is a good word: to speak or express opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way.

Be careful or the School of Hard Knox will open up his photo album again.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I struggle against the idea of ranking people with the purpose of deciding that some should not live and others should live. A fetus, if a human life, has a right to live. It is not THAT fetus's fault that others struggle. And that fetus should not be killed because others suffer.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
Patrask,

"Pontificate" is a good word: to speak or express opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way.

Be careful or the School of Hard Knox will open up his photo album again.

Sillys! I wouldn't open the photo album. If you can't understand when life starts, opening a photo album will only cause you to gasp and shudder. No compassion for a lost child? Or depths of the human soul blinded by its own narcism, unable to truly see? What else?
I agree with Braling II. The Roman Catholic church stands strongly for the value and respect of the unborn. But here, in a recent video, we see people who hate God, hate the Church, hate the value of life. With over 75 million abortions estimated last year world-wide, there is madness out in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp0oMKGFTyk

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Why should that fetus, now judged to be a living being by law, if so passed, have more rights and concerns for its well being than the millions of children who cannot take care of themsleves and continue to have additional children and die of starvation, desease, and loneliness.

They shouldn't - just the same.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"And by the way, my belief is that if men were the ones getting pregnant, abortions would be easier to get than food poisoning in Moscow."

Dennis Miller

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Mr. Miller (if it was really his quote) thinks he's clever, but I know both never-had-food-poisoning Muscovites and never-met-an-abortion-they-didn't-like Santa Cruzans.
Abortions are easier to get than food poisoning, here anyway.
(Though I'd steer clear of some restaurants in Santa Cruz...)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, it just amazes me that we're still having this conversation in this "enlightened" age.

That "doctors" are legally allowed to go "get" a baby in what is supposed to be a safe haven, and rip it out in cold blood just flummoxes me.

It's the coldest, most cowardly kind of murder too, not unlike picking up a kitten and squeezing the life out of it (we'd be up in arms over that, wouldn't we?). The baby can't fight back, can it?

When Bush "won" the White House back in '00, I knew he'd screw the country without using Vaseline, but I hoped that one good thing would come from his administration: the overturning of that abomination called "Roe vs. Wade". It didn't happen. A wasted eight years.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Relax, folks. It's supposed to be an age-related joke.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What can I say! God bless Tim Russert, but that's about it.

ImageGenuineObama.jpg (138 Kb, 8 downloads)

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Barack's comedy bit here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7675927.stm

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
What can I say! God bless Tim Russert, but that's about it.

I cannot take much more of this hate Email filled with inaccuracies and character assasinations. I received several from Friends over the weekend and I sent them in return the following:

ImageOBAMA_SIGN.jpg (73 Kb, 8 downloads)

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
General Colin Powell has it right. Choosing Sarah Palin as a running mate seriously cast McCain's judgement into question. Obama may be one of two evils, but he seems the lesser overall.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it is simply a case of familiarity. The devil you know seems better than the one you do not know. We all felt the same about JFK, he was , God forbid, a Catholic, and how could that work out? I remember the feeling of being a part of a movement that looked ahead to the future with excitement. But, he did a lot of lousy things, had a sex life that would embarrass a Hollywood gigalo, blew the Bay of Pigs thing, and almost got us into World War III with Khrushchev. Finally, though he stood his ground and the Ruskies backed down. We loved him and Jackie, for the Camelot that the world saw through them. All a lot of BS, but never the less a great time in our history.

I can only hope that the Obama presidency will be as memorable and change the course of this country as much, in the right direction, inspire us to do better by our fellow man, and emphasize works over dollars. It won't all come out right, but I have true hope for a better future for the country.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WEll, that is one view. It's not that Obama wants to make us better people, he wants government money to make us better people. That is my problem. When you take my money and give it to others, that is not charity. I tithe to my church, I contribute to educational funds, and I raised four kids and helped with others. I don't need government to come in and take my money and then tell me what to do with it.
Again, when government takes your money, it is not charity, and it does not build character. Government takes your money "at the point of a gun". I work hard for my education, and for what I have. I should have the right to determine how that money is used. I'm no fanatic. There are valuable things that government can do, but when it takes money from me at the threat of prison, it is not charitable.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post