Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doug! I thought you were smarter than that!
You don't really buy that 'surplus' tripe do you?
http://www.letxa.com/articles/16

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hook, line, and...well, you get the idea.

Never trust a site with a name like Letxa.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of many with the same data.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never trust a site with the same data.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Latest

This is the Pastor (Rick Warren) who visited Ray at his home couple months ago. Here is the latest on Warren's meeting with Obama and McCain in a couple weeks:

http://saddlebackcivilforum.com/index.html

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, nothing shows up except for the mini bios at the bottom. Could be my computer, though...

posted Hide Post
Braling II~

Try this main URL. And find a link (may be an already open window)...to the Obama/McCain one. Othewise it may be a download of software needed.

http://saddleback.com/

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No ticket information until 8/4.

Why don't you hook us up with a ticket as long as you're local, as I'll see you there!?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding~

All tickets are gone. ( May I add they went faaasst!)

By the way, did you catch this week's TIME magazine with Rick Warren on the cover? Interesting accompanying article.

posted Hide Post
I noticed today that they were gone. I had my mum here from Florida on August 4th (my birthday by the way), and forgot to check back.

Why you didn't hook us up? Oh well, no matter - I'm voting for Ron Paul, anyway!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding~

I couldn't get in either. My wife is a member, but she applied too late for a free ticket. Otherwise, tickets were done lottery style, at $500 and up per ticket. The cost of changing the feed for digital to accomodate the TV news outlets, from analog, is in itself, some $1.3 million dollars cost to the church.

posted Hide Post
OK, thanks.

I'd make the TV stations pay for the cost!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...August 4th (my birthday by the way)...

Happy belated birthday, Doug. Let's see, in Dandelion Wine (1928) Douglas Spaulding was 12 years old. That means you must be 72 now. You're looking good for 72!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Ninety-two, I think - the same age as 4E.

Last year Ray asked me how old I was. I told him, and he said "my god - you've got another sixty years!"

Of course I always claim that I'm "seventeen and insane". I think certain board members won't have any trouble agreeing with me on that last part!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Gee! Yeah, sorry, a belated...

HAPPY BiRTHDAY Douglas.