Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
he is not (far as I know) a Christian in any sense of the word.

Of course not; he's called himself a Baptist!

I jest, I jest.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
Hmmm! Mr Tinkerbell reckons that one wife is enough to contend with.

I second that, Mr Tink!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Lordy, lordy.

A-Rabs, indeed.

Yup. There's yer stereotypic Hillary supporter fer ya!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
When in doubt, Phil, drive the agenda! F451 predicted this to the letter. Plugged in ears, electronic navels, Dunham's Dentrifice, fine looking politicians with bright smiles on every channel and pictured on every front cover. Freedom Act! (Hmm. Is this an oxymoron?)

Govt. just got a whole lot huger. No ones seems to understand the siren's call is drawing us closer to a rocky shore. Who will pay for this dilemma? Don't worry about it...get another wall screen. The White Clown is on in an hour.

(I try to stay off the soap box here because it is a site to share in the life and works of Mr. Bradbury. I agree...of late, too oft, much to do about nothing RB. Amen!)

Thanks, Butch for something at least a little Bradburian in this thread!
The White Clown, indeed! (Probably Grey nowadays)

"Panem et circenses", pard.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Yup. There's yer stereotypic Hillary supporter fer ya!

Not at all - the exception!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
I think this board has been pretty much overtaken by liberals and atheists.
Okay, I don't mean to make light of your concerns, but ARE YOU SERIOUS? There are perhaps four posters on this board who have set their thoughts down and said that they disagree with you; hardly an overwhelming flood. Can your own particular mind-set not withstand any opposition? Hey, "there's room for everyone in this world" as the song goes. Well, okay, it really is not a very good film, but it has a few fine songs in it; this particular tune starts one minute into the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5J8ZgRUQHA

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
theoctobercountry. Jesus said of Himself, "I am the way, the truth and the life."

Considering a mindset, that about pretty much says it all

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jesus said of Himself, "I am the way, the truth and the life."

I've got to give that to Mr Knox - Yeshua is everything.

Well, almost.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
theoctobercountry. Jesus said of Himself, "I am the way, the truth and the life."
Oh, certainly---but that has nothing to do with my previous post, I'm afraid!

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Impeach Bush now! What a war criminal."

Over 90% of Congress voted to support military action in Iraq--though you'd never know it by their comments today. When we put Bush up for war crimes, I vote we also put the Congress and Senate in that same trial--lest we be guilty of partisan hypocrisy. They love, now, to plead ignorance. If they're ignorant, they don't deserve to be in office. If they agreed, they should have exercised their oversight of the war, and stopped funding it, when they thought it went off track. The Congress has played both sides on the issue because they don't have the integrity or the political will to accept responsibility for their role in all this. Fingers in the wind.

Though I didn't vote for Obama, I'll give him credit that he opposed the war from the beginning. Bush was open with his goals on the war, and so was Obama; but most of the Dems and many of the Repubs in Congress have been chickens and dishonest.

So are we isolating Bush for war crimes (of which we would have to go back and charge FDR, Truman, Lincoln--(heck, anyone who has had to fight a war)--with war crimes after the fact; and then go after all members of Congress who authorized the action and then pretended ignorance, so they could avoid accountability and invoke plausible deniability?

Certainly, we're not buying the argument that Bush is an emporer who has all power over Congress? And certainly, we're not going to pretend that Congressional leaders were not briefed????

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
So are we isolating Bush for war crimes, of which we would have to go back and charge FDR, Truman, Lincoln?

No, just illegal wars started on lies. And you're right - most of the Congress should have known better.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." -- Tom Daschle in 1998

"I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out." -- Clinton's Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." -- Bill Clinton in 1998

If you'd like a couple dozen more:

http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php

posted Hide Post
There's a difference between making an accusation and going to war based on said accusation without investigating its credibility.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. However, as Obama said, "Words Matter". If the Congressional leaders didn't believe these threats, they shouldn't have said them. There were, of course, many investigations. The UN one was hestitant to say weapons were there, but most western nations believed they were. At some point, given the world condition, you have to act on intelligence data. If the Congress didn't believe the data, but voted for the war, they deserve joint condemnation. If they didn't know, they failed in their oversight obligations. What galls me is their complete complicense in the beginning, and their now constant affirmations of ignorance. "Bush lied, soldiers died" is one of the stupidest slogans in modern times. Look to the Congress for shared responsbility here, and stop trying to absolve them of guilt.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

So are we isolating Bush for war crimes, of which we would have to go back and charge FDR, Truman, Lincoln?

quote:
No, just illegal wars started on lies. And you're right - most of the Congress should have known better.

Who set Saddam in power?
US
Who gave him weapons to fight his enemies?
US
Who gave him the money to remain in power?
US
Who gave Saddam the "weapons of mass destruction?"
US
Why did US think Saddam had weapons of mass destruction?
Because US 'gave' them to him.
What did Saddam NOT escape while Us road over the desert towards his capture?
Because he never believed that the US would actually do it. They were friends going back years and years.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post