Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THE MAN KEEPS ON GOING
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE MAN KEEPS ON GOING
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the prompting. And thank you for the kind compliment. I only hope that what I post is of interest to others and, with my being to visit with Ray every once in a while, to be able to interject a thought or comment of his.

Nancy, I did as you said and it comes up with "No Matches Found." So I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or not doing correctly.

ImageMichael_at_Lauderdale_By_The_Sea.jpg (242 Kb, 6 downloads)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bizarro mundo. Try google--his name, my name, San Antonio Express News, November 2005.

Or! Since the entire interview was three times the length of the piece that was published, send me your email address and I'll forward the whole thing to you.
So easy.
wordartist111@yahoo.com

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upon my first surveyance of this site, I had labeled the older of the frequent posters the "elders," if you will, of the site. Now I see that I was missing a considerable number of posters. Long story short, this thread is a great read.
So many fascinating articles and frenzied side plots.
My interest has been peaked.
My greetings to N.K. Love, FH 451, The Lake, pterran, and patrask. I submit myself at your feet for learning. Wink just here to eavesdrop on the greats. figured i had better let you all know that i'm tip-toeing around the place...

The facts speak for themselves.

Posts: 27 | Location: Orange County, California USA | Registered: 18 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Bradbury-inspired mélange!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Repeat photo with "cool" headliner. Another opportunity for an RB book signing:

http://www.laist.com/archives/2006/03/30/ray_bradbury_l...est_octogenarian.php

Thanks, DP. I'm a hunter and a gatherer when I have the time.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An audible chuckle left my lips when i read that, The Lake. And thank you for my report coversheet. I was wondering what sort of a picture to get. Octogenarian is definitely finding a niche in my paper somewheres or other.
(I always say that and never write it- is it "somewheres or other/another" or "somewheres a'ruther"?) either way, there's a will and a way to sneak that word in...

The facts speak for themselves.

Posts: 27 | Location: Orange County, California USA | Registered: 18 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depth Perception, did you catch my invitation to email me? I am not sure when your paper is due, but I have some information which you might find useful, but could being boring to the board in general. My email is clmi9901@msn.com.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ANOTHER great review for the off-broadway production of F-451:

http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2006/04/02/opinionist_thea_8.php

Darabonte, Gibson, movie big-wigs, are you paying attention?!

posted Hide Post
New article with quotes from RB. Note his comment about Gibson.

Enjoy.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20060407-9999-1c07ray.html

posted Hide Post
Excellent article, thanks Lake. The boy's still got it. The x-factor!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if anyone knows how often Ray sleeps and for how long at a time. He said years ago he conserved energy by taking lots of naps, presumably more frequently since his stroke. I've often pondered how much a person could get done by NEVER sleeping--but have heard of people endangering their health by trying such things!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:
The record is 11 days, no sleep! Supposedly the person was nearly incoherent. (Google 'sleep deprivation' for more info)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So they proved it could be done--and certainly in pressured situations people have gone long periods without sleep--but as far as doing quality work in that state...?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Editorial about the LA monorail idea and some interesting facts. Ray was and is a visionary.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/04/18/opinion/strickland/41706192451.txt

posted Hide Post
Some are talking monorail here in the Hartford CT area also and I’d love it but don’t think it will happen because of the New England weather.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post