Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THE MAN KEEPS ON GOING
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE MAN KEEPS ON GOING
 Login/Join

posted
HELLO ALL,

WELL, IT'S 6 YEARS AGO, TODAY, THAT RAY BRADBURY, HAD HIS STOKE.

HE KEEPS GOING AND GOING AND GOING!
LAST NIGHT HE HAD A LECTURE/SIGNING AT THE WOODLAND HILLS LIB.

TONIGHT HE'S GOING TO HIS PLAY, AND TOMORROW NIGHT, SATURDAY, AND SO ON AND SO ON.

SOMETHING TO BE SAID!

HE'S WEARING ME OUT.

TAKE CARE
PATRICK

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick,
I think he's the Energizer Bunny and you're pretty amazing yourself!

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, Patrick. I'm glad to hear he's going strong, and thanks for always taking such good care of him!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huzzah!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We sent Mr. B. a letter and some items in a package last Thursday and received a thank you card with a note in return yesterday!!!

It is always a great pleasure to hear from him, not that I expect such consideration from a person of his stature, especially in view of his schedule and the countless involvements he has going. He truly is thoughtful and full of life. We should all be as blessed in what we do each day!

(Patrick if you re-visit this string, I hope he enjoyed receiving the book I sent him!! - FP)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Patrick for the note. And I think that all of his us here at the Web Site must give thanks to you, as does Ray, for his being with us today, even though you may have broken a few speeding laws doing it.

Still without power down here in Sunny Florida I remain optimistic that it will come back and although My Body will be Singing Electric, perhaps the power people will be.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, Biplane, do you have a steam or gas-powered computer? We lose the power several times each Winter here in the mountains. I tell my grandkids that, in the olden days before electricity, folks had to watch TV by candlelight!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But...?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick, you did a great service for Ray and for all of humanity and continue to do so, for which we thank you.

And, someone sent Ray a package and received a note? Hmpf. All I got was an email saying my Halloween gift was interesting. Well, at least he got it!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion! How did you get an email from the man? Fess up.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a dictated email through a source close to Ray.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick,
Thank you for suggesting that RB is the Energizer Bunny. I have suspected as much myself.

For those who might want to read it, I had a portion of a recent interview with Ray published in the San Antonio Express-News last Sunday, Nov. 27th. Go to MySA.com, search the archives for Ray Bradbury and it will come up.

The actual interview is much longer and I will seek a forum for publishing it in its entirety.

I am so glad to live in the same era as Ray Bradbury. I remember crying when I was a child upon learning that Albert Einstein had died before I was born. I would never meet him!
Ahhh, but we CAN know Bradbury. Ye gods, what an extraordinary man.

Regards to all,
Nancy Love
Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Even in an interview the man manages to sound poetic and inspiring!! Thanks for the great interview, and please let us know when you get the longer one posted. Keep up the good work!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is indeed an extraordinary man, never were truer words spoken. I saw a TV interview that was done at the local PBS station, he was talking about remembering being a baby and telling his mother all these things that happened while he was just a little baby, she was surprised. Talk about an extraordinarily intelligent and awake individual. The only other people I have ever seen accounts of remembering their birth are Hindu holy men.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of PBS, when does Ray get an "American Masters" special, or an A & E Biography either?