Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THE MAN KEEPS ON GOING
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE MAN KEEPS ON GOING
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Lovie,
Continuing the oenological analogy; Mr. B's product, whether new or vintage, is sometimes light and refreshing, often rich and heady, and goes with everything!

(*hic*)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancy, dolt that I am I can not retrieve the article interviewing Ray. I put all kinds of things into the prompts, i.e, subject, date range, etc., and nothing came up. Please lead me by the hand and tell the way. Thank you in advance.

I am referring to your post of December 1, 2005.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The play, Fahrenheit 451, makes its NY debut next week. Ray comments in this article, as well:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/19/theater/newsandfeatur...tml?_r=1&oref=slogin

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lake,

Thanks for the link. Good story and I hope the play does well. Unfortunately, the director of the play comes close to genuflecting to bashing the Bush administration that seems to be required of the creative community but maybe I'm just overly sensitive. Bradbury sets the article writer straight by pointing out he was thinking of the burning of the library at Alexandria and what had happened in WWII Germany and what was rumored to be happening in Russia during the 50s. (Bradbury also wins my praises when he points out no American president in the last 60 years has waged war for political purposes. Um, but then he loses me when he brings up his idea of setting up an Israel state in South Florida. Moving right along, Ray.)

This article shoud be an eye opener to anyone who thinks Michael Moore had any inkling of what he was doing when he shanghai-ed Bradbury's title for Moore's shabby movie.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Pete,

Thanks. Great to hear your opinions again. Even though I'm not a Bush fan, I have to agree with your observations. Fortunately, Ray does not allow people to get away with "speaking for him." He tells them straight out what he means.

Michael Moore was an ass by ripping off Ray's title. One of my friends wrote to me not long ago and said that MM's name came immediately to mind but not Ray Bradbury's when Fahrenheit 451 was mentioned. Obviously, serious damage has been done.

And South Florida is not exactly "the place" for an Israli state. Maybe Manhattan, but not FL. I look forward to the reviews of the play in NYC. What a legacy.

Take care,

Lake

posted Hide Post
The Lake,

I understand your differences with Bush and I certainly respect your view. Interesting story you tell about Michael Moore. Yes, some serious damage done. Well, maybe this play will be the thing needed to bring F-451 back to Bradbury. (Sort of like U-2 taking back "Helter Skelter" from Charles Manson.)

You take care as well,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
The Lake,

Once again, thanks for the link. For me, a wonderful convergence of my two favorite writers: Hemingway, of course, was born in Oak Park.

Best,

Pete

posted Hide Post
Pete,

Just read this GLOWING review of F-451, the off-broadway play, in The New York Times. Amazing man and amazing legacy:
http://theater2.nytimes.com/2006/03/25/theater/reviews/25fahr.html

Lake

posted Hide Post
I wonder how they handled the book-burning scenes on stage...

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lake,
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It was a pleasure to read.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. I hope to go to see the show in a couple of months. A friend of mine may get to see it in a couple of weeks so I'll report back.

posted Hide Post
I've seen the play several times in several college venues. This certainly must be a blast. Wish New York wasn't so far.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it is coming to L. A., please to let us know, and when!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Nancy, dolt that I am I can not retrieve the article interviewing Ray. I put all kinds of things into the prompts, i.e, subject, date range, etc., and nothing came up. Please lead me by the hand and tell the way. Thank you in advance.

I am referring to your post of December 1, 2005.

Biplane 1~~There, there, dear, I'm sure no one on this forum would agree that you are a dolt. You are, in fact, one of my fave posters. Sorry it took me so long to notice your question.
Go to MySA.com or mysanantonio.com, and just enter "Ray Bradbury" in the "Search For..." area, and click on "In Stories." I just did it and it worked fine.
Happy trails.

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post