Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    The Ray Bradbury Theatre & Film Festival

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ray Bradbury Theatre & Film Festival
 Login/Join

posted
This is fresh as today's headlines. In fact, it is today's headlines - the site went live this morning.

As Barney Fife would say, "this is big!"

Just got off the phone with Michael Kelly, who passed on the information.

"Aw, big ain't the word for it."

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marvellous! But when is the 2008 festival?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the reason that hasn't been posted yet is because Producer Kelly told me that they're in talks to move the Festival to Ojai and blend it into the Ojai Film Festival.

He said the final decision will be made the middle of next week. The date he mentioned is the first week of November.

Marvellous is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any further news on this event for 2008? No apparent update on the website, nor any mention on the Ojai Film Festival site.

(Some of us might be considering another expedition to SoCal...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday, November 8th.

I think.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hmm. No further detail about the theatre aspect there.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I'm afraid not.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
New Bradbury short film to be shown at the Ray Bradbury Theatre & Film Festival.

Clip here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Well spotted, Doug. Another one for my list...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Have you seen this?

Trapdoor

http://www.youtube.com/view_pl...rapdoor+ray+bradbury

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A trapdoor to the attic?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding said
quote:
A trapdoor to the attic?

One falls upwards.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Tarkas:
Doug Spaulding said
quote:
A trapdoor to the attic?

One falls upwards.

Just attended a historic homes tour and noticed trapdoors in two of the houses. Made my day.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better to notice a trapdoor than to step on it unawares...

(Unawares is a good word.)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Pretty good!
Northern Irish were they?
Reminds me, we need a decent electric kettle here in the States.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post