Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Illustrated Man Premier!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illustrated Man Premier!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all.

I just attended the opening night of Ray Bradbury's stage presentation of The Illustrated Man at the Clackamas Repertory Theatre in Oregon City, Oregon.

Veteran Portland actor Tobias Andersen, who collaborated with Ray to write and produce this one-man show, did a magical job of briging each of the stories to life...a man who really is Jesus Christ, but in a Hollywood sort of way; an old woman who gets her body back from death; a lighthouse keeper who calls ancient beasts from the sea; an Irish imp who teaches us how to sprint out of the theater to avoid hearing the Irish national anthem; a man who pretends to go to the future so that the future will actually appear as he envisions it...and more.

The set is sparce, but the words fill your mind with wonder. The lighting, sound and special effects were first class.

The play runs through October 14 and then moves to Ventura, California, for the three-day Ray Bradbury convention.

Info on tickets can be found at:
http://www2.clackamas.edu/crt/

Don Wright
Oregon City

Imageill-man_web.jpg (12 Kb, 5 downloads)

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otis:
The play runs through October 14 and then moves to Ventura, California, for the three-day Ray Bradbury convention.

Brilliant - that's where I live!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WConfusedW!
My brain must be in
nano-land.
What is,
where is,
exactly when is...
...this Bradbury Convention spree???

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Braling, you should pop down for this event - it's just a hop, skip, and a jump from beautiful Monterey!

If indeed that's where Braling I's cellar is.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really, really hope that, someday, somehow, when you least expect it, someone will come up to you and say, "Hi! I'm Braling II!"
Right now, I'm spread so thin I'm transparent!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5th Annual Duarte Festival of Authors

Ray Bradbury, Naomi Hirahara, Cecilia Rasmussen, Chris Erskine and Gustavo Arellano are among the many authors who will read and discuss their work at the festival, which also features an antique book appraisal booth.

Saturday, October 6:
Price: Free.
Information: 626-358-1276

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
...What is, where is, exactly when is...this Bradbury Convention spree???

Nard, this would seem to be it:
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/21630

Anyone have more information? (Rubicon Theatre's own website doesn't mention it anywhere that I can see.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Rubicon Theatre's own website doesn't mention it anywhere that I can see.

No, they certainly don't - I shall ring them directly.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted:
Rubicon Theatre's own website doesn't mention it anywhere that I can see.

They do now!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The press release.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post