Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Well, then... they should go back to England!

================================================

"I don't know anything."

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"Doctors"???

Exactly why I quotated my "doctors"!

A physician is to heal, not kill.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Dr. Kevorkians allowed?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DO NOT LOOK AT THESE PHOTOS
if you are repulsed by what the law of Partial Birth Abortion allows. If you think a woman has a right to do what you wants with her body, what about these children?

WARNING:
DO NOT VIEW ANY OF THE FOLLOWING 3 PHOTOS IF YOU ARE UPSET BY ABORTION
The intent of placing these photos here is within the confines of the ongoing posting conversation, and to force you to take a stand against America's greatest tragedy. THIS is EVIL!

If any of you believe these photos DO NOT BELONG ON THIS BOARD they will be removed promptly.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photo #2
Same Warning as Above post

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same Warning as Above
Photo #3

posted Hide Post
Posting links to legally allowable images is all right if accompanied by proper warnings/disclaimers, and the actual photographs aren't posted.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you went too far

To push your views forcefully on us in this fanatic fashion is appalling and sickening to me. Its not even about the pro and con issue, its about common decency which you sorely lack. This is not the right forum for that and I for one do not want to see it.

And I don't give a rats _ _ _ _ about your warnings, dude!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Mr. Knox, this board has reached an all-time low. Sick. Just plain sick.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sick is right. Inappropriate? Perhaps. But I feel like Mr K has found a most unlikely compatriot!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting photos.

These are nearly the identical photos that were printed on large banners displayed by families where delegates to the Bill Clinton nomination walked to the United Center in Chicago. I had been taking photos of the delegates at the time, and there were roughly 50, 60 of these large banners lining the street where the delegates had to walk with their families, including kids. They covered the kid's eyes as they hurriedly walked thru the display.

What was so interesting is that Bill Clinton okayed the law permitting this surgical procedure. Called Partial Birth Abortion, and permits killing an baby during delivery. It is the law of the United States today.

WHY? is the top heading of this forum. So...what's the answer here? WHY this? Why, thanks Bill Clinton!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...Americans tend to love extremely violent movies, shooting things, and the like, but most have a real problem with sex or even nudity in movies. In Europe, it tends toward the opposite - they generally dislike violence, but have no problem with liberal attitudes toward sex or nudity, even featuring it on broadcast television!...

I somehow missed this part of Doug's earlier message until now, so I thought I would belatedly respond. I think you are generally correct here, although there are vast generational differences. Many Europeans (particularly British ones!) over the age of, say, 55 find the sex and nudity stuff unacceptable.

Switching now to the photos posted by Mr Knox: thanks to the warnings, I didn't actually click on the links. Those who succumbed to the temptation to look fell directly into Mr Knox's trap. He wanted to shock you, and he did. It's typical of his behaviour elsewhere on the board and is, in my opinion, best ignored. Just as one might ignore a five-year-old child who is constantly screaming for attention. Yes, EXACTLY like that.

I agree with dandelion's judgment about the photos being "acceptable" in the sense that there are merely links and they were very clear warnings. However:

This board is in honour of Ray Bradbury.

This section is called RAY'S LEGACY.

Who thinks Mr B would appreciate these images being associated with his legacy?

And with that, philnic leaves the board. Come round to my website whenever you like, folks, because you won't be seeing me around here again.

Have a good life, Mr Knox.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have removed the photos because-

Philnic says "we don't like to be 'trapped' by shocking photos connected with the forum discussing murder and military mayhem, gas-stations blowing up, and more, entitled WHY?" (Why not just ignore me like they tell you to do with the TV, just switch the channel, no one is forcing you to watch they say?)

Philnic decided to ignore the entire board. And I'm sorry for that. He's a fine fellow who has contributed a lot to this Bradbury board.

If you're shocked, be moved with compassion instead for those 70,000,000 lives taken world-wide from children unborn and being born each year. Life is always messy when it comes to religion and morality.

Philnic says for me to have a good life. I'm sure you kinda mean that. But I like that one! I'll tell that to an abortionist or a Clinton lawmaker should I ever run into one.

posted Hide Post
philnic,

My patience has run out, too. Keep the door open for me, I'm right behind you. I'll check in on your wonderful website for my fix of updates and inspiration about RB.

Peace.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it's a sorry sight to see when the tree shakes and things begin to fall.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post