Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Moon Landing 35th Anniversary

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moon Landing 35th Anniversary
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dandelion.
At his talks, Mr. Bradbury often recounted his experience of being scheduled as a guest on , I believe it was, the "Tonight Show" the night of the moon landing. Does anyone know of a printed version of this anecdote?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II

Well, it was not the 'Tonight Show', but the 'David Frost Show. You can read about this on the following link. Scroll down a bit to get to the part of Ray's Frost Adventure:
http://www.nationalbook.org/nbaacceptspeech_rbradbury2.html

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 07-20-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
Thanks so much for that.
I seem to remember him mentioning someone like "...that great astrophysicist Charo..."
rather than Sammy Davis Jr, but it's a great anecdote. To think; as long as man has been on earth, he's looked at, wondered, mythologized, even written songs about the moon. Then, at last, after uncountable generations, to actually TOUCH it...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, I thought of David Frost on the anniversary day, as well as the oft-repeated remark, "They can put a man on the moon, but they can't--" Too bad Dennis Miller was too young to be hosting a show then. He'd have appreciated the opportunity he had there.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy moon landing day!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post