Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Bradburyesque
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradburyesque
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Saw this on Facebook, and immediately thought of THE TOYNBEE CONVECTOR.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Saw this on Facebook, and immediately thought of THE TOYNBEE CONVECTOR.
Well, Hogflume is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only word that rhymes with log flume.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Dreams of Space blog:

- Phil

posted Hide Post
More from the DREAMS OF SPACE blog: a trip to Mars.

http://dreamsofspace.blogspot....net-part-4-1961.html

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Actually, I start to think of him the most in April (when it gets green--before everything dries up in July which it does here but not in Illinois) when the first big crop of dandelions come out. Then again in August with the second crop and his birthday, and pretty much through summer and fall. In the winter try to catch up with my several years' backlog of reading!

posted Hide Post
"Death of a Spaceman" by Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Bradburyesque!

With just an eentsy touch of Cyril M. Kornbluth's "The Altar at Midnight" space ugliness dubbed in.

A Good Read.

"Save your freedom. If anyone tells you you may not read Harry Potter because of 'witchcraft', run! Shun him. He's a Fireman."

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll never guess who this is! It's Bradburyesque as all get out!

P. S. I have seen this person in real life, not looking like this.

posted Hide Post
Pre-Gerry days? How is it so Bradburyesque "as all get out!", I am wondering!?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's just so surreal, a lady looking like a pinwheel flower.

posted Hide Post
April Witch-like!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
You'll never guess who this is!

So who is it?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
You'll never guess who this is!

So who is it?

Former First Lady Betty Ford in her dancing days!