Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Bradburyesque
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradburyesque
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get any better than that. . . !

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All right, I am modifying my command. You don't have to buy the keychain. The same design is also available as a sticker and postcard at Amazon.com, any of which are acceptable as long as you purchase at least one!

You are also hereby commanded to order the following image at Zazzle.com, also available as a postcard and keychain as well as on mugs, apparel, and a large assortment of other items, many customizable!

I am not affiliated with these artists or companies in any way. The very coolness of these products dictates that you must buy them!

Below are pictured the unbelievably awesome custom keychains I ordered at Zazzle.com! (Screenshots--I'm sure the real things will look much better!) They are actually round but I cut off the part showing my name and address.

Update with report on the keychains. On the book cover, they did not give me any hassle about using a copyrighted image, leading me to believe they'd allow almost anything, but I was not happy with the look of the result, which appears much darker and more orange than the original--more suited to The Halloween Tree than Dandelion Wine. It could have to do with the quality of the scan as I had to use the only one I could find online of an undamaged cover--my own copies and all others pictured online had at least some damage in that area. The butterfly was one of their own designs and came out great, very happy. The keychains are only very slightly smaller than these pictures (at least as they appear on my screen,) so fairly huge! Contacted them to test their satisfaction guaranteed policy. A friend can merge the images, that is take the best parts of scans of the two covers I have and make one good image. Should have thought of that in the first place. It's obvious even above that the scan obtained online is not as sharp as their image.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AWESOME Halloween costume!

Baby zombie outdoes small assassin!

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
This only makes one wonder if the socio-techno-ego-driven generations that have firmly taken root world-wide are not setting themselves up for more of these illnesses:

...For Cotard’s patients, the first factor could be a failure to react emotionally to anything, not just familiar faces. Such things as loud noises, disturbing imagery or sudden touches that would typically elicit an emotional response would have no effect. In such cases, people may assume they are dead or no longer exist.

“It might be your favorite cat or your favorite food: If you don’t have an emotional response, that would be really weird,” Coltheart said. “Here is something that looks like your favorite cat, but you aren’t getting a buzz. If you were dead, you wouldn’t be getting any emotional responses, and that’s what may prompt this belief.”

In her essay, Wang describes being in such a harrowing state: “I was doomed to wander forever in a world that was not mine, in a body that was not mine; I was doomed to be surrounded by creatures and so-called people that mimicked the lovely world that I’d once known, but . . . could evoke no emotion in me.”

... The Peter and Wendy Syndrome, "The Veldt!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much like "No Particular Night or Morning."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Much like "No Particular Night or Morning."

Or mourning!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradburyesque?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuz2ILq4UeA

(OK, Mars would be more Bradburyesque than the Moon, but still...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Get Lit": student movement from Ray's own dear L. A. would make him proud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YshUDa10JYY

posted Hide Post
Freedy Johnston's music. Check out a few tracks here: http://www.thelefortreport.com...sas-freedy-johnston/

posted Hide Post
quote:
Freedy Johnston's music. Check out a few tracks here: http://www.thelefortreport.com...sas-freedy-johnston/

I have several of his albums.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obvious Bradbury is obvious.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mugnaini1:
I love this! Where can I get one?
quote:
Obvious Bradbury is obvious.

Wherever fine ceramic bisque products are sold. Evil Bay, Etsy, Bonanza, or hopefully a store if your area has one--we should endeavor to patronize stores. It is paint your own but there are good instructions on ceramic bisque painting online.

posted Hide Post
Yowza.