Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Bradburyesque
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradburyesque
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hallowe'en costumes.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spookier than anything Ray ever described!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
http://www.viralnova.com/beach-art/

"In a Season of Calm Weather"/"Picasso Summer" !

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly.

posted Hide Post

This is a picture from the Curiosity Rover on Mars showing Earth from the Perspective of Mars. You are literally looking at your home from the Perspective of another planet.

Remind anyone of a certain story from We'll Always Have Paris?

posted Hide Post
"Fly Away Home" Smiler

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Next Generation to Holocaust&Heroism-עמותת דורות ההמשך
When I was a kid, I couldn't understand why Eisenhower was so popular. Maybe this will explain why.

General Eisenhower Warned Us.

It is a matter of history that when the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.

He did this because he said in words to this effect:

'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

The UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. It is not removed as yet.. However, this is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the, six million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians, and 1,900 Catholic priests Who were 'murdered, raped, burned, starved, beaten, experimented on and humiliated' while many in the world looked the other way!

Now, more than ever, with Iran , among others, claiming the Holocaust to be 'a myth,' it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

This e-mail is intended to reach 400 million people! Be a link in the memorial chain and help distribute this around the world.

How many years will it be before the attack on the World Trade Center

'NEVER HAPPENED',

Because it offends some Muslim???

Do not just delete this message; it will take only a minute to pass this along.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE...SOMEONE HAD TO PAY FOR IT!

posted Hide Post
Congratulate me! I have been appointed Keeper of the Porch Swing at The Waltons Forum at http://waltonswebpage.proboards.com/!

As a viewer of The Waltons from the original special The Homecoming, I am thrilled with this honor! Its relation to Bradbury is that since my first reading of Dandelion Wine in 1976, I pictured the Walton grandparents as the Spaulding grandparents, the Walton parents as the Spaulding parents, and, of course, Miss Mamie and Miss Emily as Miss Fern and Miss Roberta! I have since read the book again two or three times with the same cast. I urge all fans of The Waltons who have not read Dandelion Wine to do so and see if they feel the same!

I wanted a good picture of Grandpa and one of the kids in the swing since in the book it was Grandpa and Douglas who put up the swing. In the meantime I am using this one of the parents!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
Another Bradbury story repeats in real life: http://www.faithit.com/this-mo...ew-anchors-in-tears/

This is the real life story which inspired the original Bradbury tale: http://www.findadeath.com/Dece...m/jon_erik_hexum.htm

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Congratulate me!

Congratulations. I joined up.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Congratulations. I joined up.

Glad to hear it!

posted Hide Post
New short story by Sam Weller that he said on his web site is inspired by The October Country:

http://www.amazon.com/Roadside...words=roadside+cross

Image91F2mg4PXVL._SL1500_.jpg (275 Kb, 7 downloads)

Posts: 71 | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post