Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Bradburyesque
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradburyesque
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
So your roommate was an Oscar Madison. Were you a Felix Unger?

Doh! I had it all wrong! (And 1978 has been replaced by a few experiences and memories!) SHe said, "I'm a real Felix Unger." I asked "Who's that?" She told me - but I no longer remember if that was the neat or sloppy one. No matter: we had a common kitchen and our own locked dormitory-style rooms.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly:
quote:
So your roommate was an Oscar Madison. Were you a Felix Unger?

Doh! I had it all wrong! (And 1978 has been replaced by a few experiences and memories!) SHe said, "I'm a real Felix Unger." I asked "Who's that?" She told me - but I no longer remember if that was the neat or sloppy one. No matter: we had a common kitchen and our own locked dormitory-style rooms.

Felix was the neat one, played by Jack Lemmon in the movie and Tony Randall in the TV series.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this song and singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52_aCVBFlkE

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl: Nice images...Here is a Gene Wilder moment!

We were changing planes in DC on our way to Texas a few years ago. It was especially quiet in our terminal at the time. We had a couple of hours layover and were finding ways to keep ourselves up to speed. I looked across to an adjacent flight station and noticed a man and woman sitting alone reading. From the distance, the man seemed immediately familiar.

Then, it dawned on me "Gene Wilder!" I had to get the gumption up to go over to say "Hello!" When I did, I took one of our son's with me. After a courteous introduction, because it seemed he preferred to not have attention drawn to himself, we did chat cordially for a few moments. I expressed my appreciation of his film work and thanked him for his time in speaking with us.

Once I returned to where my wife and other son were located, I indicated Mr. Wilder was quite friendly, etc. I hinted he seemed rather inclined to be left with his privacy. Nonetheless, she took it upon herself to saunter over with son two in tow for a quick handshake, also.

"15 minutes later" they came back smiling and filled with details of his itinerary in Europe for filming and stage projects that were awaiting him. Leave it to my "better half" to outdo me in the field of communications! (Nice family experience with a quiet and kind spirited man.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is how we all feel sometimes about the high tech world when it is not good to us.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by fjp451:
quote:
Here is a Gene Wilder moment!

fjp451, Thank You much for sharing it!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Required viewing, guys! It's only 15 minutes, Oscar-nominated, and I hope it wins! Just what my tattered spirit needed at this very time:

http://neondust.tumblr.com/pos...in-equal-measures-by

"Awwwwwwww…esome!

Inspired, in equal measures, by Hurricane Katrina, Buster Keaton, The Wizard of Oz, and a love for books, 'Morris Lessmore' is a story of people who devote their lives to books and books who return the favor.

(via Nerdcore)"

It's also both a traditional printed storybook and an interactive electronic app! http://futurebook.net/content/...is-lessmore-ipad-app

It occurred to me afterwards it reminded me terrifically of Deegie and the Fairy Princess, quite possibly the most-requested and least-available out-of-print children's book around. http://www.vintagechildrensboo...-fairy-princess.html Of course unless you count the journal it sort of lacks the "creation" element of Deegie and of Frosty the Snowman of which I was also somewhat reminded.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
"The Man Who Would Be Kong" by Andrew Fox.

(Available online at archived SCI FICTION stories on a new website.)

So Bradburyesque it slays you and makes your heart ache!

Well, it did me anyway.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Inspired, in equal measures, by Hurricane Katrina, Buster Keaton, The Wizard of Oz, and a love for books, 'Morris Lessmore' is a story of people who devote their lives to books and books who return the favor.

Now see what you've done. You've gone and made me cry.

posted Hide Post
dragonfly, watch it again...
I bet you'll have the same outcome!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grand prize winner!

posted Hide Post

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dramatic Irony!

posted Hide Post
Nice one!

posted Hide Post
Real-life dad takes a page from "The Veldt" and "The Murderer." http://digitallife.today.msnbc...-to-daughters-laptop