Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Bradburyesque
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradburyesque
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Los Angeles craftsman Guy Pullen was Mugnaini in metal!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely use of fire balloons accompanied by a song which could well apply to any reader discovering Ray's work! http://www.viralvo.com/tangled/?r=cb

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
After checking on the controversy over possible mistreatment of an animal during the filming of A Dog's Purpose, http://www.adogspurposemovie.com I decided the incident, although a genuine occurrence (or rather several occurrences edited together to give the effect that they happened at the same time) which should have been handled differently, was blown out of proportion by someone with an agenda and that I could in good conscience view it.

During this film I experienced many Bradburyesque moments. Idyllic small town and rural American scenes unfolded on shady streets and at a country carnival. Shots of a dog bounding through wheat fields gave me a real Dandelion Wine feeling. In several places it was reminiscent of "The Emissary," and if one scene in particular did not recall that story to the viewer, that viewer is not a genuine Ray Bradbury reader.

Parts of the story also depict urban settings and characters from various backgrounds and walks of life, calling to mind Bradbury's extensive and colorful cast of characters. The use of music throughout the film, particularly popular music to set different time periods, was nothing short of brilliant, and the use of TV show clips and other aspects of American life are also skillfully employed.

The Bradbury story most specific to the movie's theme is "The Reincarnate," but many touches reminiscent of his best work and the film's emotional impact will overwhelm Bradbury fans and animal lovers alike. This film is utterly remarkable in that despite some distressing scenes, it is absolutely suitable for viewers of all ages, an unheard-of rarity these days. My friend brought her three-year-old granddaughter. By all means see this, take your family, and bring lots of tissues!

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I have in my collection a semi-obscure novel called Blind Voices. I bought it from a used bookstore many years ago. Or it may have been a library discard. Anyway, I saw it's cover, and instantly had to have it. Reamy ventures into Bradbury territory via a sinister circus. I would be surprised if he was not inspired by Ray. Sadly, Reamy was found slumped over his typewriter, dead of a heart attack at 42. I think about Tom Reamy now and then, and wonder what might have been. Blind Voices, his only book, was a promising beginning. For those on the board who know Harlan Ellison, please ask him when Reamy's last work, 'Potiphee, Pete and Me', which Harlan bought for his still unpublished Last Dangergous Visions, will see the printed page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: skmckee,

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently fire balloons in advertising are a regular occurrence despite objections: http://wildfiretoday.com/2013/...-fire-balloon-in-ad/

posted Hide Post
This poster for Thornton Wilder’s Our Town is about as Bradburyesque as it gets!