Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Bookends
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bookends
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Done! Thanks, jkt and JC! It is the perfect metaphor!

The ReUsePeople and the F451 Bookends Project are allowing RB to "Live Forever" as they protects our books and the wonders they hold. As in the conclusion of Fahrenheit 451 when Book People did exactly the same.

Mr. Bradbury's life, works, and now his home - "Great Stuff!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of today, Friday the 26th @ 1:00 p.m. California Surfboard Time, there are only four bookends left unsold.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo of just one of the pallets of bookends ready for shipping.

John King Tarpinian

ImagePalletSmall.jpg (264 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been pointed out to me that they have held-back a few bookends for people who actually visit their Los Angeles Facility.

www.thereusepeople.org

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I see that 2 sets of bookends have already sold on eBay. One set for $275 and another for $300 plus 17.00 shipping.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
It has been pointed out to me that they have held-back a few bookends for people who actually visit their Los Angeles Facility.

www.thereusepeople.org

All remaining sets have been sold. There are none left to be had from ReUse People. And I know who got the last two sets. :-)

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:

All remaining sets have been sold. There are none left to be had from ReUse People.

I was wavering a bit, and thinking about breaking down and getting a set...oh well. Guess that makes my decision easier.

Posts: 28 | Registered: 19 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I know who got the last two sets. :-)

...and I just found out who got the last set!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am SO SAD that I missed out on this.

Posts: 20 | Location: Toronto | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This totally sucks, as I have discovered does most everything in life and probably a lot of things in death as well.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not all of my 451 editions would fit on this shelf.

John King Tarpinian

Image451.jpg (235 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
This totally sucks, as I have discovered does most everything in life and probably a lot of things in death as well.

Optimist.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not all of my 451 editions would fit on this shelf.

In the spirit of Jaws, that most quintessential of Independence Day movies, "You're gonna need a bigger shelf."

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Still want a set of bookends?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381318...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Still want a set of bookends?

What a cheeky price - 451 dollars! If I were British (and I am, in fact) I might say that the eBay seller is taking the p***.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post