Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Halloween
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Halloween
 Login/Join

posted
To all of you who may read this, and to all those young ladies and gentlemen; those rootin’, tootin’, rip-roarin’, egg-throwin’ whippersnappers of Halloween. May this be the safest and happiest one ever!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had that fine opportunity to sit at the table with Bradbury at a luncheon in Palm Springs, California the other day. He was to speak before a large crowd of science teachers who had assembled for a seminar.He is feeling as well as can be expected. But does consistantly travel by wheel chair to avoid injury. Patrick, his driver, does a well commended job of watching out for Ray, and has his hands full.

As Ray had lunch, many were coming up to have their picture taken with him and have books signed. He has not a moment to himself, and at times Patrick does have to prevent a few rushing to the man himself for a scribble of the pen, for Ray might at that moment have a spoon of pudding raised high. (Oh, please...let him finish his meal.)
Afterwards, Ray spoke well, had a few jokes, hyped-up the audience with visions of tomorrows, and signed a few more autographs. Swell time!

_

Ray has also had his own theater production of
a new play, 'Almost Midnight', a collection of several short episodes. 'Downwind From Gettysburg' started off the evening. A very small production, and a theater seating a mere 40 seats, but all seats filled for last evening's performance, up in North Hollywood.
Great performances! Great time!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the "Almost Midnight" performances.

http://www.calendarlive.com/stage/276524,0,7674683.event

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best and happiest Halloween ever to the Big Tree and every Little Pumpkin!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to wish everyone here a very happy and magical Halloween!

I thought you all would enjoy seeing this Halloween Tree painting a dear friend and wonderful artist did for me. I have the original but I think he will be offering giclee prints. Here is a link to it.

http://www.mikehoffman.com/

Happy Halloween,
Patricia R

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some Halloween mischief on the Red Planet...you think?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/10/28/mars.storm/index.html

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early evening, Nov. 2nd, 2005, Wednesday, Bradbury at Woodland Hills Library, 22200 Ventura Blvd, 818 226 0017.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Nard Kordell for the heads-up on the Bradbury booksigning at Woodland Hills recently. He was eloquent as always. Does anyone know of upcoming Signings?

I am publishing an interview with RB soon and I'll let you all know when it comes out.

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone’s Halloween is a super-leafasmoking-howlo’terror-candypopelicious day!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May the Great Pumpkin not fail you, and may your treat bag contain much more luscious morsels than rocks!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 4-hour choir rehearsal Hallowe'en night. Those who can will come in costume and there will be prizes! Since I won't have time to do this myself, having to rush home and then drive an hour, I thought I'd at least run out today and buy "Groucho glasses" (or whatever they're called) for the whole Bass section! I hope it has the desired effect on our director- looking out over 120 faces, a clump of 20 of us thus attired...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I flipped the wrong switch!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II,
Everyone should look at the director and all chime in together, “La-la-la, la-la-la.” (From Lydia the Tattooed Lady)

posted Hide Post
Ha! Now I nearly had to clean my monitor!
How about "...whatever it is, I'm against it!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post