Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Anyone have plans yet for Halloween?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have plans yet for Halloween?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
That reminds me, what happened to that long-running thread where everyone collaborated on a story? (I stopped reading it when I went through a busy patch, and now it seems to have dropped down the list.)

Picnic? If it's held in the English countryside on a sunny day, I'll come along. Otherwise, by the time I get there, I'll have to turn around and head home.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's two cheese factories in Sonoma, California. That's in the heart of Wine Country. Better hurry, though. Global Warming is turning it into Raisin Country. Out towards Braling Two's neck of the woods the pseudo-Scandinavian town of Solvang has a modest cheese factory too.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should we bump up that old Story thread? I wonder, if we do, if we shouldn't cahnge the rules and allow more than 3-word entries? That may have put some people off.

A picnic would be great! Of course, we should go there together on a trolley; and we should also have devilled ham sandwiches and orange pop to honour Mr. B.

Grassy, The cheese inundation story sounds a bit familiar. We have an old English children's book of "The Magic Porridge Pot" (Ladybird Press, I think) in which a village is inundated with porridge. Great illustrations.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone's has been dreaming my dream regarding a get-together. Great idea. Free travel and lodging.

Yes, I, too, got off from the continuation of the story. Three words I thought was great because it related to being creative in what was said in just three words. I am all for it.

I spoke with Ray a week ago last Friday and had him on speaker phone here at the office so my co-workers could enjoy hearing Ray. He said that he also had received a grand award from the Country of France. He sounded strong and really good, despite the sore on the nose.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
A picnic would be great! Of course, we should go there together on a trolley; and we should also have devilled ham sandwiches and orange pop to honour Mr. B.

And it must last a million years!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
If it's held in the English countryside on a sunny day...

That's a very small window of opportunity!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
If it's held in the English countryside on a sunny day...

That's a very small window of opportunity!

Indeed!

I'm in the States, however I wouldn't mind making my way back to Avebury or Brighton along the shore.

I, too, love hot dogs. Any day you eat a hot dog is a good day.

There's a very touristy village north of me called Frankenmuth . It features Bronner's, the world's largest Christmas store, and a cheese or fudge store on nearly every corner. Good times are to be had there every winter. There's also two old-world restaurants. My fave is Bavarian Inn where they have all-you-can-eat chicken dinners. It's a tad pricey, but EVERYTHING is all-you-can-eat! Saur kraut, relish, pickles, potatoes, chicken and any meat you add on.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LordShen:
Frankenmuth

We've been there. It's very Bavarian. Pretty little village.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Ate lots of sauerkraut as a kid and still love it. Does this Bavarian restaurant serve Leberknodel? I love those!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Ate lots of sauerkraut as a kid and still love it. Does this Bavarian restaurant serve Leberknodel? I love those!

I don't see it, but I may have missed it.

Here's the site.

The dinner menu (pdf format).

The lunch menu (also pdf format).

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I think we should pray grasstains' devilled eggs into heaven."

- Phil
Big Grin

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
"I think we should pray grasstains' devilled eggs into heaven."

- Phil
Big Grin

mmmmmmmm deeeeeviled eeeeeeeggs *drools*

posted Hide Post
|""""""""|
>O(_)O<
|_______|
#\_____/#--"RRRRR!!!"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a devilled egg?!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's meant to represent the Frankenstein monster. Clever!