Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Anyone have plans yet for Halloween?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have plans yet for Halloween?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Well, I am a tea drinker and I really like anything from Sri Lanka (Ceylon). (spip)

A man after my own heart. I'm having my morning cuppa Scottish Breakfast as I type this. My afternoon snack will be a nice formosa Pouchong Imperial. As I sit down to a good Bradbury book this evening, White Whale Green Isle, I'll brew a pot of Shou Mei White. I am a bit of a tea snob and brew from loose leaves. Tea bags are for traveling, only. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
JKT, awaiting elucidation regarding Cuban Bread.

(uh-oh, I feel a pun coming on...hmm...Cuban Bread...Ricky Ricardough?)

Think of a traditional French bread but with a very flaky crust. You'll be brushing crumbs off your shirt for an hour afterwards.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
Kitty litter cake...here it is, with a lovely picture - eeccchhhh!

A proper cat buries his tootsie rolls!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Cuban Bread...Ricky Ricardough?

Another pun worthy of the Ackermonster!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elucidation is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I'm going to the annual Witch's Ball. It's naughty. I can't share what goes on in there with anyone out here, or my tongue will grow warts, but it's naughty.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Warts" is not a good word!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pity, as "straw" is OK.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by patrask:
...White Whale Green Isle,

That must be an early version of Green Shadow, White Whale!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cheese that I no longer need: I'm afraid I finished up all the cheese in the house before giving it up, otherwise it would have been too much of a temptation.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not even Wensleydale?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we should collaborate on a children's story about a mouse, or a heavyset child, or a strange little man (think M. Munigant) whose love of cheese is his undoing, but also ends up saving the day.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SO MANY THINGS TO REPLY TO!!!

philnic... NOOO!!! No more cheese? Can one live without it? Heck, my CAT even eats cheese! And sausage and saur kraut. Yeah, she's a bit weird. Perhaps takes after her owner. :-D but, be healthy, friend. do what you have to do. and thanks for the smarties link!

Braling II - It's not Halloween without at least one piece of candy corn. I can't eat too many, however. It seems to make me sick nowadays.

I used to drink tea a lot. I've since switched to the harder stuff: hot cocoa! Yeah, sorry to say, your old friend LordShen has been hitting the hot cocoa sauce pretty hard lately. It's pretty cold where I'm at right now (dropped to 44F last night). Feels very Fall. Lotsa cocoa comin' my way!

grasstains - DIRTY! haha is it anything like Club Vampiricus in LBC? Not that I would know. O:-D

Maybe i should start a thread where we can pass the storytelling staff about and tell the tale of a man that must stop eating cheese?

I think we should start an annual Bradbury get-together where we of the boards come together and have a picnic. We'll each bring our favorite foods. But, no cheese for philnic!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The annual picnic would be a hoot. I like hotdogs, homemade ice cream, and fresh peach or blackberry cobbler. I like hotdogs so much I used to bring cold hotdogs in my sack lunch, back when I rolled with a sack lunch. Corn grilled in the husk is awesome at BBQs also. And deviled eggs. I hate potato salad and pasta salad because the onions kill me. Never understood cole slaw.

Wasn't there a very old children's story where the small village gets flooded with cheese? I think it's an old English tale.

posted Hide Post
I think we should pray grasstains' devilled eggs into heaven.

- Phil