Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THREE LEGENDS

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THREE LEGENDS
 Login/Join

posted
On Monday night, February 25th there will be a lecture featuring 255 years of genius. Old friends who have know each other for 70 plus years. Three men who in their own crafts have few equals, legends all. Scheduled to appear are Ray Bradbury, Ray Harryhausen and Forrest J. Ackerman.

At 7:30 P.M., the bookshop, Mystery and Imagination, will be hosting an evening with these three geniuses. The bookshop is at 238 N. Brand Boulevard, Glendale, CA 91203. Their phone number is 818.545.0121 and their website is www.mysteryandimagination.com. Book your plane, train or automobile now for this once-in-a-lifetime event.

If you are going to attend and wish to purchase an item to be signed, I suggest you do so in advance. It is my understanding that there will be limited capacity and limits to the number of items signed. Also, there will be NO online sales. You MUST attend to get an item signed. This rule is out of respect for the three men who have so kindly offered up their time.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the flyer associated with the event.

John King Tarpinian

ImageThree_Legends.jpg (248 Kb, 46 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the Pasadena Weekly article about this Monday's event:

http://www.pasadenaweekly.com/cms/story/detail/a_meeting_of_minds/5704/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
The event went very well. Mr. B, Mr. H and 4E were in top form. Gentlemen all. George Clayton Johnson was there, as were other writer friends of Mr. B: Dennis Etchison and Michael Mallory.

I've been on my feet for six hours with dinner (horror of horrors) so am going to ask Doug Spaulding to take over and post the first pictures.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...so am going to ask Doug Spaulding to take over and post the first pictures.

It'll have to wait a few more hours. Got back home at 11.30, and had to awaken at 5.45 to take friend to Bob Hope Burbank to catch a plane and then head back to the coast for work.

Tired.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This (below) is from the "Hompage" opening link (to which I rarely arrive, instead calling up the direct "Message Board."). There are actually some very interesting pages and articles on the Biography thru Appearances categories listed. (I am rather surprised Mr. B's Pulitzer Prize is not listed in "Awards".)

Nonetheless, a scan of theses said items may be enjoyable for the regulars who also go directly to the messages and have not perused this portion of the site for awhile. There are several great photos of the "3 Legends" presented in the "Appearances" link!

http://www.raybradbury.com/about.html

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
I am rather surprised Mr. B's Pulitzer Prize is not listed in "Awards".

That's because this site is never updated!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS, You've got that right!! The presentation of April 2007 is four and a half years of "never" updating of the RB Hompage!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hompage is a good word!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Hompage is a good word!

I was JUST thinking that!

" Else, to-morrow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt all the time, and we shall be forced to take with shame our own opinion from another." _ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Hompage is a good word!

I've been thinking about that, ever since the day I re-noticed the "Hompage" and you posted what I was thinking. Here are two of three possibilities (I am ignoring the third possibility of illiteracy on this board; however it is probably the overwhelmingly massive reason on most boards around the internet):

(1) Overlooking details or Typo. I spell excellently, and think it is a basic requirement of being human, but am not a typist, so I call a spell checker a "type checker". Definitely fulfills that function! And has, just in the last 30 seconds.

(2) A mishmash/fusion/amalgamation/synthesis/coalescence of "homepage" and "homage".

....and.... y'know....

That works.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was beautiful. Thank you, dragonfly.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
That was beautiful. Thank you, dragonfly.

And beautifully spelled! I do so enjoy seeing people use English real good!

"Live Forever!"