Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray receives a Special Citation from the Pulitzer Prize Board

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray receives a Special Citation from the Pulitzer Prize Board
 Login/Join

posted
Long time William Morrow author Ray Bradbury was honored with a Special Citation by the Pulitzer Prize Board this year! They noted "his distinguished, prolific and deeply influential career as an unmatched author of science fiction and fantasy."

For more information, please visit: http://www.pulitzer.org/.

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hooray! Will Morrow add this citation to the cover art of his books?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of us (me included) were barking up the wrong prize-tree. It's the Pulitzer, silly!
http://www.raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791...861014372#6861014372
I'm thinking, what year were we discussing this? The year on these posts is ommitted.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, is Sam Weller going to go accept the award on behalf of Ray? Or is Ray going to make the trip himself?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Some of us (me included) were barking up the wrong prize-tree. It's the Pulitzer, silly!
http://www.raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791...861014372#6861014372
I'm thinking, what year were we discussing this? The year on these posts is ommitted.

Mine shows March, 2003.

CONGRATULATIONS, MR. BRADBURY!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, March 2003 - so Nard's campaign has taken a mere four years to get to Pulitzer...maybe another four years to get to Nobel status!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not 100% certain, but I suppose we'll put an emblem on his books similar to what we do for the National Book Award for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. And, again, I'm not certain but I suppose Ray's editor or a family member would accept the award before his biographer would.

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BRAVO!
Unfortunately, the Pulitzer winners-list in USA TODAY did not include Ray Bradbury. Good grief! What!? No Ray Bradbury fans on the editorial staff of USA TODAY?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with Ray, who says he will try to travel to New York in May to accept the prize himself.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Dodn't hear about this in England either.
The Pullet Surprise, eh?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Pard! We din't recognise you with thet English brogue.

Welcome back aboard the SSRB.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, pard! You know I'm still a bit jet-lagged when I can't even spell "didn't"!

I'll tell you all about my visit anon...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You were in England?

posted Hide Post
Yes, we were running out of puns and wordplay over here, so the authorities invited Braling II over to sort us out. (Pullet Surprise indeed...)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, right. At first, I thought it was another one of his chicken dinner jokes!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post