Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Now What Did Bradbury Mean By That?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now What Did Bradbury Mean By That?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nice Chap! "...and it builds strong bodies!" I have an inclination that if this group (RBsiters) were to share a classroom, there would be numerous detentions handed out by the assigned potentate.

This graced the letterhead of a most recent correspondence from Mr. Bradbury. What a gentleman in his caring and prompt responses: Waukegan, Illinois, maybe 1925-26.

http://www.biblioforum.de/images/buecher/bradbury_1.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RUMmmmRummmBLE
mslsjkfo@#ysz@x
BWoW!
chatterchatter!!!CHA!!
LOL
YEELLLLLoooo!!! YEL!
Snicker snicker
KAZOOI!!!

SILENCE EVERYONE!

Hear that?

I may be mistaken, but I think Mr. Bradbury has just left the room.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:

This graced the letterhead of a most recent correspondence from Mr. Bradbury. What a gentleman in his caring and prompt responses: Waukegan, Illinois, maybe 1925-26.

1923, I think. I may be wrong. That's the same image Mr B uses for his gmail account, and as I also use gmail, whenever I get an email from him, that charming image pops up - delightful!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks, DS! This from him, dvd from you all in a half hour on Fri! Then two days off - pretty good stuff.

As for BrII/SD, your "Strong bodies 12 ways" and mine ditto ... should we get the horses out, find a couple of red bandannas, and start making some real money again!?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about Bolivia?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, well, getting messages from Bradbury himself was fun while it lasted!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Digression is a sign of a fertile mind!

Though I do agree we should get back on topic...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who are those guys???

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the gallery haven't frightened him away, here's another entry in the "Ask Ray" column. Not really a question, but a praise.

Just received a cummunication from a friend in UFO-infested Roswell, NM who has posted two "Homecoming" books to me to try and get the great man to sign them for him. His greetings follow:

"My aunt Gayle is the one who first introduced me to Bradbury- she sent me a copy of Dandelion Wine when I was in grade school (and she's sending me a copy of Farewell Summer for my birthday, so I've been told).

She taught his books in her classes for years before she retired, and her biggest "teaching lament" is that she missed her flight to a conference where Mr. Bradbury spoke several years back. If at all possible, I would be so grateful if you could arrange for the second copy to be signed for her. It would mean the world to both of us.

Please thank Mr. Bradbury on my behalf for all of his works, especially From the Dust Returned. I just wrote an analysis of the character Cecy for one of my literature courses and I must say that I have never enjoyed writing anything so much as I enjoyed writing that essay. I honestly did not want to stop even to submit it! I'm amazed by how archetypal a character she is- I argued that she belongs among the likes of Tennyson's Elaine and Rossetti's Blessed Damozel.

My advisor tells me it's a good start for my senior thesis (it seems passionate writing makes for better reading!) and I truly wish I could put all other projects aside to work solely on that one. So please thank him for me, for giving me something that I look forward to so much."

A delightful letter indeed. So Patrick, length aside, I know Mr B would be touched by the post if he were to read it. I hope to see him this weekend with tomes in hand, his signatures to capture!

Blessings, and may you all...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Patrick, nice to see you again Wednesday evening.

I know Mr B is very busy this month and I didn't want to bother him via email, but if you get a chance, could you ask him something. It's for a friend of mine from France - a film student.

He wishes to shoot a short adaptation as a "non-commercial film" for a class project. This would be solely "not for profit", but he wants to get Mr B's written authorization, which is absolutely normal and prevents anybody from betraying an author's work.

He says that he's always been a great admirer of Mr Bradbury's work and from the moment when he decided he would make films he's always wished he could one day adapt his short story "The Pedestrian".

So would he allow him to adapt this short story? Is there any chance for him to get an answer as this is a most valuable project to him.

Thanks!

"Live Forever!"