Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Expedition thru "Stuff". (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Expedition thru "Stuff".
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Donn Albright sorts thru Bradbury "stuff", along with Terry Pace, Jason Marchi and Nard Kordell

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stuff is a good word.

Nice Jaguar - sticker on the window says who for Pres?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Stuff is a good word.

Nice Jaguar - sticker on the window says who for Pres?

Doug, with the current choices now available for the position of the highest office in the land, wouldn't "Bradbury for President" be most welcome?

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A year or so ago I was speaking with Ray about what vehicle he had when I first met him in February of 1967 and he said a Volvo station wagon, but he mentioned that Jag and said that they had paid about $12,500 for it then and recently a fellow had offered to buy it from him for a little over $80,000. It looks in great shape!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:
Doug, with the current choices now available for the position of the highest office in the land, wouldn't "Bradbury for President" be most welcome?

Perhaps. Hillary and Barack are going to keep up their shenanigans and McCain will win!

Personally, I'm hoping Ron Paul will run as an independent.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Independent is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
biplane~

Looked over the car before. Took a ride in it with Patrick the driver. Looking at the car this week with a closer inspection, Ray should've grabbed that $80,000 offer.

First off, the elegant and beautiful big v12 original engine is gone and replaced by a Chevy block. Didn't look close on that one to see if it was a 283 or 327 cubic inch. Secondly, the required 'wire' wheels are gone (they were always fussy, anyway, requiring constant adjustment.) IN place, as you can see from the photo, "blah" steel wheels painted "blah" grey. Seals likely are in need of replacing, along with rubber around windows, etc. that has dried to metal hardness. If you want to get $80,000, then you need a 12 cylinder ROADSTER. Nothing less will do. My guess on the value of this car: $14,000 dollar range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Many would KILL for the opportunity to rummage Ray's stuff.

Rummage is a good word, in fact, one I brake for.

Cori

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Stuff" is a great Bradbury word.

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post