Notify
Tools
Add Comment
HALLOWEEN TREE poster "QUIZ"
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
The Oz-man (I'm assuming all his answers are correct)

How flattering! (too bad it's not true!!)

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
... And runs until October 25, 2007

And the winner is ... ?

Nardy ... ?

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't the Nardster already award the prize to old 'Past-tense-of-Dig' Spaulding?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, right you are - not sure how I missed that!

quote:
oz-crumley...you were so close! Sorry I don't have a smaller poster to send ya!

Rats!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Dig Spaulding?

That would be a terrific pseudo-name!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not bad, but I (the guy with the Pun Gene, remember) meant past tense of "dig"...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know, and it's a terrific name.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, would there have been any other way to have conducted this QUIZ to provide a more level playing field? It seems that some, i.e., Braling II, were at a disadvantage in that they did not have immediate access to their Bradbury collected works and therefore were not able to do the research in a timely manner.

Of course, there would have been more opportunity for "ties" but with a time limit, the "first" one would be the winner. It just seems like the contest was anti-climatic!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplaneI
Okay! What do you suggest!? We may do this again!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm ready this time for the quiz. Let's give it a go!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post