Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Bradbury's 88th Birthday Celebration (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Bradbury's 88th Birthday Celebration
 Login/Join

by MogtheDog (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Mog the Dog here, back from an 800-mile round-trip whirlwind adventure to Mr. Bradbury's 88th birthday celebration in Glendale today. Here are a few photos I took of the event.

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
88 and in charge of a harpoon! I laughed myself plum silly - good one!

A trip to SoCal to attend RB's birthday party: $120 in petrol.

A photograph with The Man: priceless!

Already home, eh? I hope you didn't hang your head out the window the whole way back!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done, MogtheDog - great photos of what must have been a grand adventure for one so small!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You for capturing my gift to the Master, I had not thought about prictures, now I have a keepsake! Thank your Human for me as well.

Who drove home, you or the human? Quite a drive for you. It was very nice to meet you both.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MogTheDog, you did it! And your pretty handler as well! Wow! What a couple of last few days: 1) the watermelon ripened, 2) your trip South was successful, 3) you got to meet Ray and 4) have both you and your handler's photos were taken, and 5) and you got to meet some of thoseother raskullians. Again Wow!

Thanks for the great photos. I am so happy that you and your handler are part of the board and that I could have been there!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who drove home, you or the human? Quite a drive for you. It was very nice to meet you both.

It was nice to meet you as well. My favorite human companion drove the whole trip and let us kick back and enjoy the ride. We had a great time!

biplane1 - Glad you enjoyed the photos. Yes, it's been quite the weekend for this old tired dog. We were off and about today as well. My favorite human companion's daughter plays the guitar (mostly blues and such) at venues throughout the SF Bay Area, so we went to one of her performances this evening at an old ale house in Piedmont. What a weekend!

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
My favorite human companion's daughter plays the guitar (mostly blues and such) at venues throughout the SF Bay Area...

...and plays the blues, too? Wow!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the YouTube finally took!

It's about time.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding!

Great video! And a GREAT reading of The Book of Jonah!

An immediate addition to the RayBradburyChannel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RayBradburyChannel

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post