Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Haunted House Inspired by Ray (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Haunted House Inspired by Ray
 Login/Join

by randomyork (created on )Gallery | Comments 
This is a painting I made for a "Bradbury Brother" inspired by the great house in FROM THE DUST RETURNED... I wanted to show it to fellow fans and friends. I hope Ray will get to view it too. Happy October! John York (Random York)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: randomyork,

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks spooky to me!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is an amazing piece, where can I get a copy of the print? It would be a great addition for a guy that loves the works of Bradbury and the 31st of October......amazing!!!

Posts: 12 | Location: canada | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your reaction! I am checking into getting prints produced and I'd be honored if other fans of Ray would want to collect my art.
I recently read, for the first time, SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES and was so profoundly blown away! It was like a reference book from another world for description language.
quote:
Originally posted by Peter James Billing:
It is an amazing piece, where can I get a copy of the print? It would be a great addition for a guy that loves the works of Bradbury and the 31st of October......amazing!!!

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!
I believe you've even got Uncle Einar playing at being a kite there...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WoW! Eight thumbs up. This is really good work! Is there MORE?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Uncle Einer in Ray's Book... the sky over the dust house would seem empty without him.

quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Very nice!
I believe you've even got Uncle Einar playing at being a kite there...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
WoW! Eight thumbs up. This is really good work! Is there MORE?

Thank you for the "Eight thumbs up". This is all I have inspired by this story finished to this degree but I'll post some more Ray inspired pics... Thanks again

posted Hide Post
I love these. Would love to have a quality, large print. Very, very nice. Wow!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
I love these. Would love to have a quality, large print. Very, very nice. Wow!

Thank you! Thank you! Wow! McKinney, you are just about 100 miles of interstate and windswept plains away, I am in Tyler.
I do have prints of the Halloween Tree pics, but I need to get the Dust House made into a large high quality print...here is an address if you want to be notified jrandallyork@yahoo.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter James Billing:

I just figured out how to post an e-mail jrandallyork@yahoo.com if you want mre to notify you about prints... thanks

posted Hide Post
Guaranteed!
Ray would love these.
In fact, the youngster in Ray would applaud with laughter!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love your Halloween trees! It's such a great image, an huge tree covered with jack o' lanterns.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
I love your Halloween trees! It's such a great image, an huge tree covered with jack o' lanterns.

I love the animated film, I love the backgrounds and the Halloween atmosphere they achieved and it is always a comfort and delight to hear Ray's voice throughout. Yes, I wish pumkins actually grew on big trees like this!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
It looks spooky to me!

Thanks for checking it out...