Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Custom Dark Carnival (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Custom Dark Carnival
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
I acquired a beat-up copy of Dark Carnival. No dust jacket, severely bumped & stained boards. Calling it a reader copy would have been kind. I was turned onto Dragonfly Bindery in Rhode Island…a continent away from me. Once they were turned loose this is what I now have. Three dimensional cut pieces of leather and gilt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is really beautiful!!!!!!!! A lovely restoration.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gilt is a good word. And this is as lovely as you described it. That's one bad bat.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Gilt is a good word. And this is as lovely as you described it. That's one bad bat.

I'll have it with me on Saturday, so I can show it off to you in person. Is this considered bragging?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's only one word for that: batty!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Who designed it?

Cori

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I'll have it with me on Saturday, so I can show it off to you in person. Is this considered bragging?

Oh, I was hoping I would be able to one day touch it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And how much does it roughly cost to have something like that done? Very neat.

BH

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Wow! Who designed it?

Dragonfly Bindery of Rhode Island. I just told them my favorite story in the book and she took it from there.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blind Henry:
And how much does it roughly cost to have something like that done? Very neat.

BH

The rough cost depends on the amount of detail. The price of this one began with a two...roughly.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I am envious. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martian (Ruth S. Hare),

___________________________________________________________________________________
"The key word is love... get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for!”

Posts: 18 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 19 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post