Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray's 90th Birthday Celebration 8.15.10 (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray's 90th Birthday Celebration 8.15.10
 Login/Join

by MogtheDog (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Mog the Dog here, happy to report that I had a bunch of fun at Ray's birthday celebration today. I was not in a decent spot to take many pics of Ray himself, but we did get a good bit of the presentation on video.

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
!!!!that is amazing that you all organize this!! I just got this account for the message board a few days before his 90th birthday and I am very impressed with what you all have done for his birthday and I am very curious about it as I am wondering if it would be something I could be a part of next year...this is just amazing.

Posts: 5 | Location: Mich!gan | Registered: 11 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone, I am the Texas Girl who dressed as a Butterfly to Ray's 90th bday at Mystery and Imagination. I was so busy being a butterfly, I didn't get any photos of me. If you took my picture, may I please have a copy? Thank you so much Smiler

Posts: 2 | Location:  | Registered: 16 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse Dee:
!!!!that is amazing that you all organize this!! I just got this account for the message board a few days before his 90th birthday and I am very impressed with what you all have done for his birthday and I am very curious about it as I am wondering if it would be something I could be a part of next year...this is just amazing.

Yes Mog. Please tell us how you accomplished this feat. I don't remember anything about the day. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse Dee:

Yes Mog. Please tell us how you accomplished this feat. I don't remember anything about the day. Smiler

Heh...heh...heh...

I just sat on my butt and had my favorite human companions take pictures all day! All the credit for organizing the event goes to jkt and the Mystery and Imagination bookstore owners and staff. Did I miss anyone else, jkt?

Jesse Dee - don't wait until next year to be a part of something here!

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mog and drewbaker and jkt for posting your pictures on the boards.
I'm sure the Cake of Fire gave a sweet meaning to the phase "read my lips".

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Thank you Mog and drewbaker and jkt for posting your pictures on the boards.
I'm sure the Cake of Fire gave a sweet meaning to the phase "read my lips".

I already have next year's cake in mind.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SoulTrang9:
Hi Everyone, I am the Texas Girl who dressed as a Butterfly to Ray's 90th bday at Mystery and Imagination. I was so busy being a butterfly, I didn't get any photos of me. If you took my picture, may I please have a copy? Thank you so much Smiler

Hello SoulTrang9

If you flick through the photos already posted (and I'm sure there'll be more)simply left-click on your picture, then click on "Detach Image" to right of the screen. Your photo will pop up in a new window. Right-click on this and you'll be given an option to "Save Picture As ...". Click on this and you'll be able to save in "My Pictures", from which you can print or share or whatever you wish.
With Flicker pix, just right-click on the photo you want and you'll see "Save Picture As ..." Continue as above.

What I want to know is why you're wearing my costume!!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
aww tinkerbell, I love it!

and MOG, out of the attic for a location? lol nice and I am ready to be a part of the fun....where do I start?!

Posts: 5 | Location: Mich!gan | Registered: 11 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I caught the tail end of the festivities, the final day at the Paley Center. It was definitely worth the trip to Beverly Hills to watch the TV adaptations of The Electric Grandmother (I Sing the Body Electric) and the other stories' whose titles escape me. I am a science fiction writer and Mr. Bradbury influences everything I write. I even modeled my Tales From Beyond classic radio series after the original Twilight Zone. If you haven't caught the Twilight Zone, check them out on Hulu.com. Ninety years old and still cranking it out, G-d bless him! Here's to Mr. Bradbury, thanks for all the stories!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoyX-e-wP0U?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoyX-e-wP0U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Posts: 2 | Location: The Twilight Zone and it is a real place. | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post