Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury, Volume 1
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil... will do!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YYYYAAAAYYYY!!!! According to Amazon.com, my copy of "Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury: A Critical Edition : 1938-1943" is now "Shipping Soon"!!!!

SWEET!!!!

Thanks Prof. Touponce!! I greatly appreciate your efforts!!!

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's here!!!! Happy dance!!!

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that IS quick delivery for a book that is listed as being published on 15 April. I must place my order!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that Amazon US now has the publication date as 21 Feb. Amazon UK still shows 15 April! I have now placed an order.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has a price for this first volume been established or posted JKT?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to answer my own question. It is $40.95 with free shipping on Amazon.com.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes! Asleep at the wheel again. Never mind, I've ordered my copy now and will now commence my vigil at the postbox ...

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grrr. I pre-ordered my book from Amazon so it shipped the first day allowed. Instead of cheaping on the shipping I paid for standard shipping instead of the free shipping. The blasted UPS shipping that I paid for has taken longer than the free shipping for me. Grrr.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grrr is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, my book arrived on Monday. PhilNic's did, too. Mine did not have to travel as far, yet they arrived on the same day.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt's had to cross the Rockies by mule train; mine came by transatlantic hovercraft.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Mine just came by the postperson. Hovercraft is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived Monday as well, so we seem to have the continent covered. It's gorgeous!

Ray may wince, but Forry would have been so proud to see HOLLERBOCHEN'S DILEMMA reaching a new audience in the 21st century ...

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

This message has been edited. Last edited by: William Lantry,

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am living in Germany and "The collected stories of Ray Bradbury" was the first book ever I preordered (by amazon.de). And it payed off: I got it for 29.9 Euro (price when I preordered the book) instead of 49.9 Euro (current price). Besides that the book arrived today... at my birthday Smiler First time I made myself such a nice birthday present Wink

--------------------------------------------
contact: http://i150.photobucket.com/al...08/fotos137/mail.jpg

Posts: 28 | Location: Germany | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post