Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury, Volume 1 (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury, Volume 1
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
A Critical Edition: 1938-1943

First of three planned volumes.

Due in stores the first quarter on 2011.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!
But I'm wondering. Three volumes seems too few.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Outstanding!
But I'm wondering. Three volumes seems too few.

Which is why it reads, "First of three planned volumes." Only time will tell what the final count actually will be.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah. Thanks for the clarity, and thanks for your posting!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As you can see on the dust jacket they use the word, "proposed."

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt, I beat you in posting this by a few hours! (But you posted a higher quality image.)

[I posted here:
https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...387056395#7387056395 ]

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been collecting unpublished and uncollected Bradbury for nearly 20 years. This is the book I have been waiting for. Now I can set aside all my photocopies and pulps and enjoy some of the more elusive and rare titles. Thank you!!!!!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have long thought that the Library of America should have attempted something like this, but I guess it was just too gargantuan a task for them to even contemplate. The complete collected stories... my mouth is watering at the prospect!

Posts: 14 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy:
I have long thought that the Library of America should have attempted something like this, but I guess it was just too gargantuan a task for them to even contemplate. The complete collected stories... my mouth is watering at the prospect!

I agree that L of A should have more of Ray's stuff but this forthcoming book is much more. Each story is printed in chronological order. If a story first appeared in a magazine and later in a collection of stories both versions will be printed. If changes were made by Ray then they will be in this book. You'll be able to see Ray's genius as it progressed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
wow......maybe I need to get myself a late Christmas pesent...

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very excited about this, I can't wait!

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here some ponderings (from "a while" ago!) on topics related to RB "Collected":
https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...861074372#8861074372

Keep us updated, jkt and phil.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the print run is for vol. 1? I would rather save a bit and order from Amazon, assuming it will be available there, but I don't want to miss out if they won't get many copies.

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if an official release date has been announced for this? I haven't been this excited about a book for a very very long time.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best we know is what is at the head of this thread: "first quarter of 2011". As it's from an academic publisher, I would tend to think of this as being at the tail end of said quarter...

Best thing to do is watch this space, and watch this other thread:
https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...387056395#7387056395

Prof Touponce (editor) has been known to give updates when there is anything to share.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post