Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quick View of Bradbury at World Science Fiction Convention (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Quick View of Bradbury at World Science Fiction Convention
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Ray at World Sci-Fi Convention in Anaheim, California

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great photos as always, Nard!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Here are a few more photos from the LA Con.
-Patricia R

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22901299@N00/sets/72157594259124570/

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PatR

Hey! Make yourself official photographer of Bradbury. Keep at it. You've got what is necessary to create very wonderful photos. We certainly appreciate them all.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How fantastic to have you both, PatR and Nard, to be to chronicle what's happening with Ray for the rest of us, who, unfortunately, are not as close as both of you. Keep up the fantastic work!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thank you for the comments on the photos! I was very lucky to be able to sit front row center, so that made taking them much easier. And, as an extra bonus - I was seated close to Forry.

It was wonderful as always to see Ray. No matter how many times I hear him talk or even hear the same story - listening to him always fills me with joy.

Ray gave me two assignments while there. First, I have to write him this week (which I was supposed to do after Comic Con and have not yet done - a fact he reminded me of.) Secondly, Ray told me about a new stage production of "The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit" which starts here in Albuquerque tomorrow. I just bought tickets for the performance Friday night. Ray asked that I call him with a review once I see it. I can't think of a task I would enjoy doing more.

Patricia R.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
=============================
A short video of Ray speaking at the 64th World Science Fiction Convention (L.A. CON IV) on August 27th, 2006, can be seen by clicking on the following YOUTUBE link. Fair video quality, (using a small hand held photo camera in movie mode). Nearly landed on someone however, while moving closer to the front. A few seconds of erratic camera angles will testify. My wife and myself met Ray just as Patrick dropped him off outside the Hilton hotel. Craig Miller, long-time LASFS member, also walked with us along the way as Santiago wheeled Ray into the hotel. When Ray finally arrived, the room upstairs was full.

click on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-7fBpaYG5Q

==============================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

posted Hide Post
Great video. Ray sounds as strong as ever.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post