Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Pictures of Rays 90 th Birthday (Community Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Pictures of Rays 90 th Birthday
 Login/Join

by drewbaker (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here are a few bad pictures I shot today.It was a great party.

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!! They look pretty good to me!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, that's an amazing birthday cake!

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
Now, that's an amazing birthday cake!

The pages list all of Ray's books from Dark Carnival to Juggernaut. Oh yes, and it tasted good. A Cuban sponge cake with chocolate pudding filling.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
It was a wonderful party. Thank you JKT for the delicious cake.
Here are my photos from the party and a few others from my visit to Ray several weeks ago. It was sure nice to get to spend time with so many folks from here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...s/72157624753312424/

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PatR,
The photos are amazing,they really make mine look bad.Thank you for taking them and esepically for labeling them.
Drew.

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Drew!
Does anybody know who the gentleman is with Arnold Kunert and his wife?

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatR:
Thank you Drew!
Does anybody know who the gentleman is with Arnold Kunert and his wife?

Which photo of the Kunert's?

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one with 3 folks standing in front of the store. Mrs. Kunert is in the middle and Arnold is to her right. There are two photos like this and in one of them both men are kissing her. Arnold said to me, "He needs to be in the photo because he is famous too."

posted Hide Post
Good photos, drewbaker. I'm wondering now if we met during the day. I think there were quite a few people around who I would know by name, but not by face.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is left for this weeks' celebration?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bridget selavie:
What is left for this weeks' celebration?

Tonight is the Main Los Angeles Library screening of Ice Cream Suit along with some of the actors being on stage.

Saturday is the afternoon event at the Paley Center for Television.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Finally, I have a few photos online. It's not just the party - in fact, most are taken at Chris Slatoff's studio. You can see some marvellous works there, including a couple shots of the remains of the clay Fr Electrico, and a couple of the back, now hanging on his wall.

There's also a couple of GCJ and Bill Nolan enjoying a chuckle, and one of George teaching a writing class whilst being filmed.

One or two of my friend and I, and a few of us visiting Ray at home the day before the party.

These won't be online forever, and the user name and password is rb90.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really cool! Thanks a bunch!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had time to put my photos online yet, but I have uploaded photos on behalf of another member of the board. You can view them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7...624820844798/detail/

(The order in which the photos appear is a bit random, I'm afraid, despite my best efforts to tell FlickR the proper order!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post